Company: Elements Behavioral Health
Posted on: February 16, 2020
PRIMARY DUTYThe Billing Associate is responsible for managing
the company's billing and receivables.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of claims in a manner
that is consistent with industry best practices.
- Develop, implement, and consistently seek improvement in
policies and procedures for all billing and reimbursement
- Reconcile billing and reimbursements daily.
- Coordination of timely collection of amounts past due to
achieve practice aging goals.
- Provide service of the highest quality in a professional and
courteous manner to our referral sources and patients.
- Participate as a member of the administrative team in assisting
others as needed to ensure all daily activities are completed,
company goals are achieved, and continuous improvements and cost
efficiencies are identified and pursued.
- Develop, implement, and consistently seek improvement in
policies and procedures for all billing and reimbursement functions
to ensure department activities are carried out professionally and
ethically, patients are treated respectfully, and revenue is
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and
company policy and procedure.
- Verify and update accounts with new patient demographic
information received daily.
- Responsible for making sure all claims have the appropriate
documentation before being coded and claims submitted.
- Post charges and payments.
- Filing claims.
- Investigation, analysis, and follow-up for collection of
- Performs other duties as directed.EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an
equivalent combination of education, training and experience will
- Bachelor's Degree; minimum of 5 years of previous experience in
accounting/AP/AR; or an equivalent combination of education and
- Proficient in math and language usage with prior experience in
bookkeeping and accounting principles.SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS of
this position are generally as follows:
- This position does not require supervisory
responsibilityKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be
representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated
with this position.
- Language Ability - Reads and interprets documents; ability to
write simple messages and correspondence
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; able
to read and interpret written information
- Verbal Communication - Talks to others to convey information
effectively; speaks to others clearly; ability to listen and
understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of
the English language including the meaning and spelling of words,
rules of composition, and grammar
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles for
providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Organizational Support -- Follows policies and procedures;
completes tasks correctly and on time
- Adaptability -- Adapts to changes in the work environment;
changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality -- Ensures work responsibilities are
covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on
- Dependability -- Completes tasks on time or notifies
appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Professionalism -- Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for
own actionsCOMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which
may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly
associated with this position.
- Desktop computers, fax machines, scanners, copiers
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Multi-line telephone systemsWORK ENVIRONMENT environmental or
atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of
the functions of this job.
- The employee may be exposed to bodily fluids and odors, dust or
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderatePHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance
of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to talk, hear and sit
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop,
kneel or crouch, use hands to handle or feel objects, reach with
hands and arms, taste or smell
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color discrimination, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focusHIPAA PRIVACY
TRAINING & SANCTIONS All employees who have access to health
information whose confidentiality is protected by the HIPAA Privacy
Rule are required by the Rule to receive training so that they have
an understanding and knowledge of the Privacy Rule that corresponds
to their job responsibilities and of the group health plan's
policies and procedures that impact on their job duties. Site
specific training on requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the
plan's health information policies and procedures under the
direction of the plan privacy officer may be required for this
position based upon site specific requirement. Employees who
violate the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule will be subject
to discipline, up to and including termination.Equal Opportunity
Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Elements Behavioral Health, Worcester , Billing Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!