Finance (Controllers Group) - Senior Accountant
Company: Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
For more than 170 years, The Hanover has been committed to
delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the
most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE through
our values, ESG initiatives and IDE journey.
Our Corporate Controllers team is currently seeking a Senior
Accountant in our Worcester, MA location. Position is eligible for
Hybrid/Flex work arrangement. This is a full time, exempt role.
Works independently on difficult assignments within core accounting
discipline. Prepares analysis and presents results to management
with recommended action. Demonstrated ability to perform
responsibilities outside of own unit.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
* Provides guidance and/or training to more junior team
* Prepares complex journal entries and reconciliations and/or
performs detail review of simple to moderately complex journal
entries or reconciliations.
* Independently prepares and analyzes complex financial statements,
footnotes and sections of discussion and analysis confers with more
senior team members as needed.
* May be accountable for a small to medium sized project or a
subcomponent of a larger initiative.
* Participates in or may have accountability for key initiatives or
other assignments within or outside of own unit.
* Prepares first level analysis of accounting issues or new
accounting pronouncements, provides findings in a detailed white
paper, and presents findings to department manager.
* Able to work on multiple assignments simultaneously, many with
short turnaround times.
* May assist manager with audit process and communicating answers
to internal and external auditors.
* May be required to review simple to moderately complex work
papers of peers and more junior team members.
* May be required to perform responsibilities at a similar skill
level outside of own unit.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
* 3-6 years of related experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent work experience. CPA
or MBA preferred
* Key Success Factors:
* Analytical Thinking - Applies analytical techniques, e.g.,
separating a complex whole into its parts or elements to resolve
problems or issues.
* Communication for Results - Expresses concepts (e.g. business,
technical and other), ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions,
so that others understand or are persuaded to act creates an
environment that encourages and values the opinions of others and
promotes sharing of information and ideas. Promotes and encourages
people to speak up.
* Finance and Accounting Knowledge - Understands and applies
financial and accounting principles to analyze financial results,
track budgets, set pricing and rates, and report financials.
* Teamwork - Fosters an environment where individuals collaborate
in pursuit of a common goal internally and externally to the
* Thoroughness - Demonstrates careful attention to detail. Keeps
tasks and responsibilities clearly defined, on schedule, and
error-free carries tasks, assignments, etc., through to
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Ability to use a personal computer and standard office
Ability to work in a fast-paced stressful environment.
Ability to work cooperatively.
Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods (75 - 90%).
Ability to travel as needed.
This job posting provides cursory examples of some of the job
duties associated with this position. The examples provided are not
complete, and the position may entail other essential and
job-related functions and responsibilities that employees will be
required to perform.
It's not just a job, it's a career, and we are here to support you
every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled.
Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our
robust learning and development programs, we encourage you - at
every level - to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build
financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover,
you'll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
* 401K with a company match
* Tuition reimbursement
* Company paid holidays
* Flexible work arrangements
* Cultural Awareness Day in support of IDE
* On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
* Click here for the full list of Benefits
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our
customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment
and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the
basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the
available work without regard to race, religion, color, age,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity,
disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information,
ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing
an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and
harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender,
ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other
status protected by law."
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate
against qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals with
disabilities who wish to request a reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, or to
perform essential job functions, should contact us at:
HRServices@hanover.com and include the link of the job posting in
which you are interested.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of
information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we
use it, please click here.
* Pay Type Salary
* Worcester, MA, USA
Keywords: Hanover Insurance Group, Inc., Worcester , Finance (Controllers Group) - Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!