Clerical Nurse Assistant III
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Performs activities which assist the patient in meeting basic human
needs and activities of daily living, providing basic patient care
to patients under the direction of the RN or LPN. - Performs
additional Nurse Assistant III competencies after education to
enhance patient care under the direction of the RN or LPN. - Also
performs a variety of clerical support and other duties to assist
the nursing staff in carrying out daily patient care activities.
Supports the telemetry function, as assigned, by monitoring cardiac
rhythms via telemetry monitors. Prepares and maintains medical
records. Transcribes and expedites Physician orders. Functions as a
Receptionist. Assists in maintenance of a safe and clean
environment. The Clerical Nurse Assistant II is required to alter
between the clerical and clinical role in order to meet the needs
of the department. Reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager. - -
High School graduate or GED equivalent required and successful
completion of a certified nursing assistant program is strongly
Nursing students who have completed a semester of clinicals can be
Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire or
receive during the new employee introductory orientation period and
maintain clinical competency during employment with ECHN in this
Will be required to pass the ECHN arrhythmia course or challenge
exam during the new employee introductory orientation period.
- - - - - - - - - Must have knowledge of medical terminology and
excellent customer services skills
Basic computer skills are necessary. -
Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English. -
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. - They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. - These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
1. - - - - - Provides general aspects of patient care that meet
physical and/or psychosocial needs, within the nursing assistant's
scope of practice.
2. - - - - - Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of
3. - - - - - Demonstrates ability to communicate to the RN or LPN
any observed changes in patient status and responses. - Notifies
appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
4. - - - - - Collects, reports and assists in documentation of
5. - - - - - Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment
that optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient
6. - - - - - Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and
function under stressful situations.
7. - - - - - Communicates appropriately and clearly to team leader,
co-workers and other members of the health care team and maintains
positive working relationships with other departments,
demonstrating Core Values at all times.
8. - - - - - Performs other duties as assigned, to promote
efficient functioning of the unit.
9. - - - - - Transports patients safely to other departments and
upon admission and discharge, as necessary.
10. - Communicates appropriately and clearly to charge nurse,
coworkers and other members of the health care team.
11. - -Performs Nurse Assistant III competencies including removal
of a saline lock, removal of a foley catheter, pulse oximetry,
emptying a Jackson-Pratt drain, hanging a continuous bladder
irrigation bag without medication, telemetry application,
disconnect/reconnect salem sump, glucose meter, and measure and
record nasogastric drainage - independently in the clinical area
after classroom education and written verification of competence in
the clinical area
12. - Meets, greets and directs all patients, families, visitors
and health care team members. Provides accurate and appropriate
13. - Prepares medical records for new admissions and discharged
patients. - Maintains accurate medical record during patient
14. - Transcribes physician orders in a timely manner. - Enters
orders in the computer system. - Prioritizes orders by identifying
those with timed or immediate action. - Notifies appropriate
nursing staff or department.
15. - Responds appropriately and timely to patient requests,
including prompt acknowledgement to patient call bell.
16. - Demonstrates an ability to float to different patient care
units and function effectively in different - situations
17. - Answers telephone/intercom in a polite manner and
communicates information to the appropriate personnel/family in a
18. - Orders supplies, processes work orders, enters charges and
performs other coordinating activities to maintain unit operations
and maintains department records.
19. - -As delegated, assist in making phone calls regarding
staffing problems as determined by matrix/unit needs as directed by
Nurse Manager/Supervisor or Clinical Charge Designee
20. - Maintain accurate patient information on the unit
21. - Accurate data entry of weekly schedules (electronic and
paper), updating accurately as changes occur; develop interventions
to correct identified problem.
22. - When supporting the telemetry function as assigned, must
demonstrate competency in interpreting dysrhythmias, run and post
rhythm strips at the specified times, communicate information about
dysrhythmias to the appropriate nurse in a timely fashion and
maintain logs pertaining to telemetry.
Keywords: ECHN, Worcester , Clerical Nurse Assistant III, Administration, Clerical , Brimfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!