Medical Secretary - Administrative
Company: Sigma Inc
Posted on: March 17, 2023
57-870-761 Medical Secretary - Administrative, Worcester, MA - 3
Sigma Systems is currently looking for a Medical Secretary -
Administrative to work for PEDI Immunology -Department in
Shift timings: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 04:30 pm ( includes a 30 min
- Performs secretarial and administrative support services for
assigned physicians/faculty/ medical service line chiefs where the
work requires a thorough knowledge of medical office procedures and
UMMHC business and academic administrative practices.
- Duties involve interfaces with faculty; medical staff,
patients, and various Client administrative management and staff,
which require considerable tact and diplomacy.
- May coordinate associated medical office activities and
- May perform duties to coordinate medical office activities and
staff as assigned, to include training, and scheduling the work of
assigned employees, recommending processing improvements and
implementing new procedures, and monitoring employee
- Transcribes medical reports for physicians from dictation.
Produces correspondence, reports, memos, etc. from dictation
drafts, models, etc. Proof reads/edits manuscripts, grant
applications, academic and professional papers, and other material
for appropriate grammar, spelling, format and style.
- May attend meetings in capacity of recording secretary.
Distributes meeting agenda and minutes.
- May serve as coordinator of divisional residency, fellowship,
clerkship, and/or graduate or undergraduate education
- Composes, or selects standard form letters for physicians'
response to routine inquiries and procedures, such as back-to-work
- Arranges meetings and activities for faculty for the most
efficient use of available time. Makes travel arrangements for
trips, conferences, etc..
- Schedules and coordinates patient visits, medical procedures
for both inpatients and outpatients with admitting, the OR, testing
centers, pre-admission, etc.
- Coordinates internal and external meetings.
- Greets visitors and/or patients. Ascertains their needs, and
provides standard information as required. Fosters quality customer
- Receives and addresses patient-care related phone calls.
Provides routine information on procedures and standard policies,
refers matters to appropriate person within department. Identifies
problem related priorities, and responds to emergency need to
interrupt or contact physician and/or clinicians, within
- Issues and verifies patients' managed care referrals.
- Registers patients for each patient visit, utilizing
computer-based patient registration/ scheduling system.
- Verifies patient's insurance coverage and eligibility.
- Escorts patients to examination rooms and chaperones patients
- Collects co-payments from patients for visits, maintains
records, and makes daily cash deposit.
- May perform on-site charge entry processes, utilizing
- Batches daily encounter forms and relays/submits
forms/information to the billing office.
- May processes standard and non-standard business office
administrative paperwork, such as purchase requisitions, employment
requisitions, employee time sheets, expense vouchers, etc.
Follows-up with personnel outside the medical office and UMMHC to
expedite timely action and alleviate, or report delays as
- Provides guidance to departmental personnel in medical office
and UMMHC administrative policies and procedures.
- May provide work guidance to office clerical staff.
- Sets up and maintains confidential, sensitive files and records
for multiple functions, academic materials, medical records, etc.
ensuring efficient retrieval of information. Coordinates retrieval
of medical records.
- Ensures adequate inventory of office supplies and basic
maintenance of office equipment.
- May coordinate basic set up and maintenance of office personal
computers and associated equipment. Ensures timely
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives and
demonstrates the use of quality improvement in daily
- Ensures compliance with health and satiety requirements and
with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures,
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as
required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of quality improvement in daily
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and
- Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes in
maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility
and acceptance toward all employees, patients and
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or
- Requires a High School diploma, 6-12 months additional
specialized medical secretarial/medical office training and 2-3
years of medical secretarial/administrative support
- Software used: Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation
graphics, database, Medi-Tech, IDX, Lynx, etc.
- Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an
equivalent combination of education and experience which provides
proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this
description may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Department-specific competencies, including age-specific
competencies and their measurements, will be developed and
maintained in the individual departments.
- The competencies will be maintained and attached to the
departmental job description. Responsible managers will review
Keywords: Sigma Inc, Worcester , Medical Secretary - Administrative, Administration, Clerical , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...