Electronic Design Engineer
Company: LanceSoft, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Title: Electronic Design EngineerLocation: Hopkinton, MA -
01748Duration: 6 Months Contract
Job Description Summary:
- Responsible for the development, installation and maintenance
of electronics for new and existing products. May work with
research teams to identify needs or resolve problems. Conducts
testing on existing systems and designs and implements
- Client is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join the
Hopkinton Applied Genomics R&D team. This role will lead
development of automated platforms for
- various applications within genomics field. This position will
require the ability to interface to a multi-disciplinary group as
well as cross functions for the timely
- completion of projects. Additionally, the candidate is expected
to be experienced in electrical engineering, specifically PCB
design, high voltage, circuit design, DSP,
- FPGA, electromechanical systems experience, stepper and servo
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate a focused attention to
detail, work well with others in a team environment, be able to
motivate team members, and be able to define clear targets and
effectively communicate results and data interpretation to all team
- Contribute to multiple projects from an electrical design,
development and testing perspective.
- Determine design feasibility, evaluate design alternatives, and
select optimum design approach.
- Develop requirements, specifications, schematics, simulations
(where applicable), assembly drawings, bills of material, and
material cost estimates.
- Ensure component reliability based on technical evaluation of
vendors' designs and manufacturing processes.
- Present experimental findings and interpretations to R&D
team members and cross-functional leaders.
- Lead root cause activities to identify and resolve technical
issues related to products
- Design electrical solutions for manufacturability (DFM). Assist
manufacturing in transition from development into production
- Ensure electrical design and documentation complies with
medical safety and EMC/EMI standards; strong understanding of IEC
60601-1, 3.1 edition Safety and
- Essential performance and IEC60601-1-2 4th edition
- Accountable for R&D DHF deliverables according to Company
Design Control Process following ISO 13485 regulatory standard
(product requirement specifications, technical feasibility
plan/report, risk control record)
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development,
including concept, planning, development and validationEducation
- MS. (3 years), BS (5 years) respectively, in relevant
engineering with industrial experience in life science / molecular
- Track record in liquid handling automation technologies
- Digital, analog and mixed circuit design experience; excellent
knowledge of low-noise techniques for circuit design and board
- Circuit design experience. power conversion, micro-controllers,
electromechanical drivers and electro-optics circuits
- Experience in use of advanced simulation/debugging tools; e.g.,
PSpice, JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc. Other
- Demonstrated experience in RUO product launch (IVD a plus)
- Experience in requirement management tool (TFS) preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, self-starter
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment.
Keywords: LanceSoft, Inc., Worcester , Electronic Design Engineer, Engineering , Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!