Test Automation Engineer
Company: University of Massachusetts Medical School
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Explore the Possibilities and Advance with Us. You can view all
open jobs by clicking here or use the following search form to find
jobs that suit your specific career interests. Test Automation
Engineer Job Number: 2020-36147
Category: Information Technology
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - IT-Engineering - W875043
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 75
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Dec. 8, 2020 GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: It's an
exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! U.S. News & World
Report ranks UMass Medical School in the top 10 percent nationwide
in primary care, and this opportunity gives the right candidate the
chance to be part of an elite academic and research institution
that is among the most affordable in the country. As a member of
our Information Technology Department, you will join a dynamic team
of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking
solutions with a focus on continuous improvement. At--UMass Medical
School IT we recognize and reward independent thought and
innovative ideas. We have fostered an environment where the team
dynamic is embraced and collaboration and FUN are core components
of our culture!-- Under the general direction of the Director of
Quality Assurance, the Test Automation Engineer scopes, designs,
implements, and maintains test automation and performance testing
frameworks. Success in this role requires strong coding skills as
well as a deep understanding of Quality Assurance principles and
Continuous Integration methods. The Test Automation Engineer writes
positive and negative smoke and regression test scripts to test
product functionality and integration with dependencies. He/she
will test API 's, user interfaces, web services, and/or web apps
and write performance, load and stress tests. The Test Automation
Engineer will assume a leadership role, training QA and other staff
in software test automation and continually look for ways to
improve our testing capabilities. The Senior Software Test Engineer
will apply proven analytical and problem solving skills to help
validate IT processes through careful testing in order to enhance
product quality. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation and execution of Test Automation Frameworks and Test
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend tools for automating the
test efforts of the desktop, API, web, and 3rd party products we
build and support.
- Develop and execute automated tests using selected tools, which
will requi re programming in C#, Java, or scripting languages.
- Perform static analysis of source code using complexity
- Assist in creating, reviewing, and determining amount of code
coverage of Unit Tests.
- Perform Load and Stress Testing of applications using
enterprise level Test Automation tools.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a Continuous Integration
- Integrate test suites into the test management system and
custom test harnesses.
- Instruct QA Team members and other staff in test automation
techniques and methods.
- Develop custom Quality Assurance Metrics and reporting
solutions using C#, SQL, html, CSS.
- Perform in depth SQL Analysis, creating Stored Procedures,
Jobs, Triggers, and Functions.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system
architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral
and written formats.
- Participate effectively in estimation, planning,
cost-of-quality, and quality risk analysis.
- Perform and coordinate QA activities such as estimation, test
planning, test design, preparation of traceability matrix, test
execution, test results analysis and reporting.
- Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and
- Perform other duties as required.
- Off-hours coverage requiring occasional on-call availability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or
equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of QA experience.
- 4 years of demonstrated test automation experience.
- Experience implementing test code within a continuous
integration and delivery pipeline required.
- Demonstrate expertise with Transact-SQL (T-SQL), Stored
Procedures, Triggers, Replication, DTS, Query tuning and
optimization and other advanced SQL Server features to implement
distributed and partitioned databases.
- Strong knowledge of the following required: web protocols,
networking, and systems; open source tools; continuous integration
and delivery concepts; XML, XSD, Json, WSDL, and Soap, Active
Directory, SQL, Test Automation Frameworks
- Experience writing code to test APis and operating
- Demonstrated understanding of the entire software development
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication
skills and a commitment to the mission of the institution.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations. PREFERRED
- Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum,
XP, Kan ban, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present
technical information to both business and technology teams with
clarity and precision. UMass Medical School Core Competencies
demonstrating the capabilities that are central across all UMMS
positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success. Named a
U.S. News & World Report
"2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL"
for Primary Care and Research This is an official Page of the
University of Massachusetts Worcester Campus
Human Resources --- 333 South Street
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts 01545
Questions or Comments?
Keywords: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester , Test Automation Engineer, Engineering , Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!