Company: The Hanover Insurance Group
Posted on: November 19, 2021
For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to
delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the
most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE.Our
Commercial Lines Operations team is currently seeking a Data
Engineer in our Howell, MI, or Worcester, MA location.This is a
full time, exempt role.POSITION OVERVIEW:Data engineering is the
aspect of data science that focuses on practical applications of
data collection and analysis. This role primarily will become
proficient with all internal & external data produced and consumed
by The Hanover Group. The engineer will understand where the data
is, basic data models and architecture, how to access and obtain
data and how to manipulate and work with data to produce output -
which may be reports, datasets or self-service reports.IN THIS
ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Provide support to complex business/technical processes and
tools for multiple products, requiring the use of technical
solutions across multiple departments or lines of business, with
- Has aptitude to develop and learn multiple technical business
systems enterprise wide.
- Develop an understanding of business processes and the P&C
Insurance business to translate requirements into analytical
- Summarize information and effectively communicate analyses in
writing and verbally to internal partners. Frequent communication
with teammates and internal business partners will be necessary to
succeed in this role.
- Develop new tools and process enhancements to enable new
capabilities and solutions to drive business value.
- Manage various projects, meet deadlines, and handle multiple
priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving business
- Establishing relationships with one or more business partners
by building knowledge of business processes/drivers and technical
- Proactively research and apply Best Practices to technology
- Participate in the development of prototypes for various
reporting, system and tools.
- Develop code, tests, debugs and document working data and
analytics systems to demonstrate the business value.
- Apply proven data management techniques, application
development methodologies and other technologies to produce
comprehensive prototype solutionsWHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic performance in a
related field such as Data Science, Data Mining, Predictive
Analytics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics,
or Information Systems.
- 3-5 years of related analytical experience required.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Some insurance knowledge required.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Intellectually curious, self-motivated, and organized.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires knowledge of programming and scripting languages
related to data and integration.This job posting provides cursory
examples of some of the job duties associated with this position.
The examples provided are not complete, and the position may entail
other essential and job-related functions and responsibilities that
employees will be required to perform.CAREER DEVELOPMENT: It's not
just a job, it's a career, and we are here to support you every
step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled.
Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our
robust learning and development programs, we encourage you - at
every level - to grow and develop.BENEFITS: We offer comprehensive
benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and
balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you'll enjoy what you
do and have the support you need to succeed. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)EEO STATEMENT:
"The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our
customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment
and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the
basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the
available work without regard to race, religion, color, age,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity,
disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information,
ancestry or any other status protected by law.Furthermore, The
Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal
opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment
based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital
status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status
protected by law." As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does
not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for
employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition
privacy statement, click here.Applicants who are California
residents: To see the types of information we may collect from
applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
Keywords: The Hanover Insurance Group, Worcester , Data Engineer, Engineering , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!