Company: The TJX Companies Inc
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your
skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution
Centers are the key to getting new products out to TJ Maxx,
Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. To
keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and
adaptable. No day is the same, and that's just how we like it.
Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different - and
support each other along the way.What you'll be doing:The Skilled
Tech Mechanic assists in the installation, maintenance, repair, and
fabrication of DC equipment and facilities under the direct
supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. - Recommend solutions
for problems and poses the ability to work independently on routine
problems/minor repairs. Be on call for emergencies while working,
ability to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet
timelines. Job responsibilities include:
- Must be able to use hand and power tools and other equipment as
necessary to complete assignments including building maintenance,
electrical wiring, conveyor repairs, packaging equipment, and
- Proficiently operate various power industrial trucks safely and
- Possess and demonstrate carpentry skills to include fabrication
projects of various materials.
- Recommends and implements improvements to equipment, operations
and procedures and safety as appropriate.
- Supports maintenance manager, supervisor, and clerk to spec out
and orders parts, and help maintain inventory of spares.
- Facilities testing according to preventative maintenance
schedule and report findings and make repairs to keep all building
and material handling systems operational.Requirements:To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.Requirements Continued:
- Experience in industrial maintenance field with demonstrated
preventative maintenance experience in material handling
- Proven proficiency in three or more of the following areas;
electrical/electronics, welding/fabrication, plumbing, electro
hydraulics, mechanical and electrical drive systems, PLC controlled
- Familiarity with OSHA/NFPA/NEC standards
- Understand and knowledgeable of MSDS sheets.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and lift or otherwise move items
weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Good communications and writing skills.
- Proficient in Mechanics Math (included but not limited to
fractions & formulas)
- Capable of completing all company forms and paperwork
- Ability to work at heights or unusual work positions.
- Must be able to work from written and oral instructions.
Trained in reading mechanical and/or electrical schematic drawings,
sketches, manuals, and specifications.
- Must be able to operate all shop equipment and hand tools.
Operate various types of welding equipment.
- Must maintain housekeeping standards
- Must maintain OSHA Power Equipment Certification
- Must maintain safe work practices.WORK ENVIORNMENT: Frequent
exposure to lubricants, chemical vapors, aerosols, and other
physical demands requiring certain levels of tolerance for working
in adverse conditions i.e., noise, dust, heat, weather, conditions
is necessary.Current Shift Opening hours: 2nd shift hoursCome
Discover Different at TJX - we think you'll find that it's so much
more than a job. We move a lot of inventory - at all times of the
day - and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When
you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a
diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.As you think
about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer
competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and
expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable
state and local law.
Keywords: The TJX Companies Inc, Worcester , Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!