Plastic Extrusion Process Engineer
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Position Title : Process Engineer - First Shift, Salary, No
Weekends, No Travel
Department : Production Position Type : Full-time
Office Location : Northborough, MA Salary : $70,000 - $80,000,
negotiable based on experience
Epic Polymer Solutions, LLC is a small privately owned business
located in Northborough, MA. We are an ISO certified company that
extrudes plastic monofilaments and coated wire for the wire and
cable industry. Our company culture is centered on creative,
thoughtfully engineered solutions, doing what it takes to get a job
done well and working together to exceed customer expectations.
Objective Of The Position
The Process Engineer position is hands on, responsible for the
extrusion process to ensure results meet Customer specifications
and lead times. The position is responsible for troubleshooting and
resolving processing issues through researching material properties
and modifying equipment and tooling and testing processes to get
the desired result. The position works with maintenance, quality
and the machine operators and requires hands on operation of
extrusion lines. This position reports to, and works closely with,
the business owner.
- Responsible for extrusion production process for current
products and participates in the development of new products
- Designs and selects tooling and dies
- Develop processes for new products through researching /
understanding material properties and choosing the proper equipment
and machine tooling for the process
- Mechanical aptitude to understand every aspect of the process
to troubleshoot and solve processing issues when they arrive
- Read and follow product specification and document work
procedures to establish appropriate tooling, extruder settings and
- Provide guidance to operators to enable them to independently
troubleshoot extrusion lines
- Work with Maintenance and Engineering to implement continuous
improvement, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and improve line
- Perform updates and creation of new recipes for laser gauging
- Ensure all machine set-ups and teardowns are performed
efficiently according to operating procedures. All extrusion
tooling properly cleaned, protected, and stored.
- Requires critical thinking and problem solving as well as
ability to troubleshoot independently
- Ensure jobs start and run on time to meet production
- General housekeeping of extrusion line and production areas
keeping plant cleaned, organized, safe and items put away correctly
in proper locations.
- Requires ability to self-manage, organize and prioritize
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requires experience and or education in mechanical engineering
On the job experience showing a proven track record with plastics
Experience with fluoropolymers processing, FEP and PFA
Self-motivated with attention to detail
Proven track record for critical thinking and problem-solving
Able to communicate, work as a team and pitch in where needed
Ability to lift materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
Ability to stand for the length of the shift.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000 Annual
Keywords: iHire, Worcester , Plastic Extrusion Process Engineer, Engineering , Northborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!