Senior Quality Engineer
Company: Precision Castparts
Posted on: August 5, 2022
United States of AmericaMassachusettsWorcesterWyman
GordonWorcesterEngineeringFull TimeWith more than 120 operations
and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts
Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex
structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged
components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical
fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the
leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine
market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and
forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications;
commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys
and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With
such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability
- not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people
we recruit.PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a
high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest
value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic,
profitable growth.In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and
CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts
Corp.Wyman-Gordon, located in Worcester, MA, provides Isothermal
Forgings for military and commercial turbine applications using
nickel based and titanium alloys. Full Heat Treating, Machining and
Testing on site. This growing, $200 million profit center is part
of a highly successful, multi-billion $ diversified manufacturer.
Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC).Sr. Quality EngineerAssure
Wyman-Gordon's Quality systems and procedures satisfy government
and customer requirements, and assure compliance of product shipped
to contractual requirements. This role will be exposed to all
aspects of quality including but not limited to audit, data
analysis, corrective actions, process improvement/control, product
certification and export control.
- Performs professional Quality Engineering assignments of
considerable complexity under limited direction supervision ie.
Conducts statistical analysis in the form of capability studies,
DOE's, etc to evaluate processes.
- Designs, installs and continually evaluates quality assurance
and/or control methods and systems.
- Develops standards, procedures, and work instructions to
provide quality guidance and to facilitate training
- Performs training in internal auditing, mechanical inspection
and statistical techniques.
- Maintain internal and customer requirements in QMS system.
- Conducts internal and external audits and supplier surveys to
verify capability and/or compliance.
- Coordinates and participates in material review activities to
determine nonconforming product dispositions and corrective
- Develops, generates, and analyzes reports and returned products
to identify trends and to facilitate corrective action/quality
- Host customer and third party audits.
- Performing auditing functions within Wyman Gordon and with
- Control point for issuance of all internal procedures.
- Support investigations and atypical events, as well as
resulting corrective or preventive action implementation :
- SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-7 years of experience in a quality engineering function
- B.S./ B.A (engineering discipline preferred) or equivalent work
- Manufacturing experienced highly preferred.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred
- Experience in a highly regulated environment (Aerospace,
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership and
teamwork across functional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills
- EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of technical drawings and accompanying
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual material to
individuals at all levels in customer organizations as well as
within Wyman Gordon.
- Detail oriented. US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required
due to government military contracts.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Wyman Gordon is committed to
a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation
for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act
of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title
I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that
require accommodation in the job application process may contact
508-839-8004 for assistance.
- Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring
employees without regard to race, religion, color, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin
(where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage),
citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation,
disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to
hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely
upon job-related qualificationsAll qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Precision Castparts, Worcester , Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!