Company: Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Posted on: May 25, 2020
--- We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Identify and implement best practice approaches to ensure
continued and long-term institutional excellence fueled by the
institution's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Collaborate with the Vice-President, Talent and Inclusion and
Chief Diversity Officer to coordinate and align DEI efforts across
company and ensure the achievement of institutional strategic
- Develop dynamic and intentional diversity, equity and inclusion
programs and initiatives for faculty and staff. Partner with the
Director of the Office of Multicultural Affairs to identify
opportunities to support student related DEI efforts.
- In partnership with institutional stakeholders, implement and
lead the Bias Incident Response--Program. Utilizing knowledge of
federal, state, local, laws, rules, regulations, policies and
procedures, facilitate appropriate resolution to reports of
bias-related incidents. Identify and coordinate appropriate actions
for any identified trends or patterns.
- Co-char and provide operational management for company's newly
formed Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Leadership
Committee.Cultivate and promote an inclusive learning environment
that encourages and supports community-wide programs such as the
MLK Commemorative Address, workshops, multicultural events, and
advocacy for affinity groups that support and promote campus
learning that is diverse and inclusive.
- Partner with the Office of the Provost to lead the Diversity
Advocate Program and develop strategies and opportunities to
recruit and retain diverse faculty.
- Engage in efforts to ensure alignment with Institutional
commitment and compliance efforts related to Title IX.
- Serve as the research lead for DEI initiatives to improve the
impact and efficacy of strategic initiatives, develop case studies
and white papers related to internal DEI efforts. Collaborate with
the Office of Institutional Research to conduct ongoing analysis of
quantitative and qualitative data to identify trends, patterns and
short and long-term impacts of Project Inclusion recommendations
and implementation strategies.
- Develop metrics and dashboards to ensure accountability,
tracking, and monitoring of divisional and institutional efforts
towards inclusive excellence. Work closely with appropriate offices
to identify tools and instruments, including valid and reliable
surveys, to compile reports that create benchmarks and assess
- Collaborate with the Division of Marketing Communications to
develop materials to promote DEI goals and successes. Contribute to
the design and creation of communications and public relations
- Serve as a liaison with external consultants, coordinate
meetings with campus constituents and publicize DEI sponsored
events and activities.Identify opportunities to integrate DEI
initiatives to strengthen partnerships in the local and regional
- Manage the division's social media and technology platforms
using official division and institutional communications and
- Participate and engage in other duties as assigned to support
institutional and divisional success.---
- Master's degree from an accreditation program in higher
education, leadership, business, social sciences, or related
- 7+ years' experience leading related initiatives and programs
in an academic environment with a demonstrated understanding of the
culture in higher education, including shared governance and
respect for diverse views and opinions. Experience in working with
diverse constituents. Bilingual skills are preferred.
- 5+ years' in a leadership role with proven success in
developing and leading diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
and programs which demonstrate upward progression.
- Experience leveraging talent management best practices to
enable institutional diversity recruiting and retention
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local laws,
regulations and guidelines related to Title IX and civil rights
- Ability to conceptualize and execute programs and initiatives
with demonstrated abilities to set priorities, possess sound
analytical skills and think systematically from both a detailed and
- Must possess a record of personal and professional integrity;
understanding of change management; strong communication skills;
and a commitment to cultural diversity.
Keywords: Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester , Director, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!