MEDICAL DIRECTOR, PRIMARY CARE - CHL, WORCESTER, MA
Company: UMass Memorial Health Care
Posted on: February 23, 2021
MEDICAL DIRECTOR, PRIMARY CARE - CHL, WORCESTER, MA Position at
UMass Memorial Medical Group Physicians Medical Directo r, Primary
Care/Wellness U Mass Memorial Communit y HealthLink Worcester, MA
The Medical Director is the medical quality leader with a scope
that inclu des supervising all primary care providers, ensuring
risk management and quality of care, developing and implementing
medical and quality aspects of the clinic operations . P rovide s
leadership t o i mplement primary care goals and objectives for
medical and clinical operations . P rovide s trategic input to
plannin g, quality of care, regulatory compliance, and clinical
integration . Works closely with the Director of Practice
Management, O utpatient Clin ic Directors, Nurse Manager, and
cross-division senior leader ship in developing and implementing
the overall pr imary care , goals , and objectives. As a primary
care provider, provides d iagnos i s and treatment of acute and
chro nic illness and injuries includ ing his tory and physical
examin ations of individuals, annual exams, order and interpret
diag nostic t ests, write prescriptions, participate in addiction
services care, care coo rdinatio n and provide treatment ,
counseling, and education to patients. Experie nce pro viding
clinical services to individuals with both chronic medical and
behavioral heal th conditions, and have interest in serving
complex, vulnerable, hom eless, and disab led populations,
preferred but not required MAJO R JOB-SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- D emonstr ate proficiency in medicine in accordance with the
highest standards of clinical care to patients at primary
care/wellness si tes. Competencies include the skills of staff
provider management, assessm ent, intervention, treatment, and
- Maint a in s a knowledge base in accordance with the current
trends of medicine and compli ance with all standards of agency
policies and procedures.
- Ability to eff ecti vely communicate and interact with
patients, team members, and comm unity - based providers of homele
s s and addiction services.
- Effectively work under the supervision of the Medical Director
an d work collaboratively with other team members in a professional
an d integrative ma nner.
- Timely and accurate documenta tion of all cl inically related
patient informa tion in the appropriate medical record as well as
timely billing for all service s provide d .
- Respects diverse views and approaches demonstrates Standards of
Respect and --contributes --to creating and maintaining an
environment of professionalism, tolerance, civilit y, and
acceptance toward all employees, patients, and visitors . SPECIFIC
- Serv es as the primary clinical quality leader for primary care
and wellness sites.
- Establish es measurable performance expectations (productivity,
quality of care, t imel y compl etion of medical records and
patient care, charting, and other administrative duties ) .
- P rovide s regular supervision, coaching, counseling, evaluate
providers working across primary care clinics .
- Works closely with cross-divisi on leadership and clinic
managem ent on the development and refinement of an integrated
model of care and a model of c linical quality for primary ca re
- Works closely with the Director of Pr actice Management, and
Clinic Directors on e nhanc ing primary c are workflows to posit
ion clin ics for success .
- Works closely with the Director of Pr actice Management, COO,
and Cli nic Directors on e nhanc ing primary care infrastructure to
position clinics for growth.
- P rovide s leadership to implement primary care goals an d
objectives for medic al and c linical operations .
- P rovide s s trategic guidance to the plannin g, quality of
care, regula tory compliance, and clinical integration .
- Asses ses the physical and psychosocial status of adult
patients i n all ne cessary settings at CHL by obtaining appro
priate patient histor ies, perfor ming p hysical examinations,
ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, interpreting pertinent lab
data, and diagnosing health problems.
- Implement s a plan of care, whic h may include further
diagnostic tests, trea tm ent, patient education co unsel ing, an
d/or r eferrals to other health professionals.
- Collaborate s with other providers across the organization as
well as other on site and consulting physicians and providers
regarding the medical ma nagement of patients.
- Peri od ically evaluate s treat ment pla ns and patient
outcomes a nd make s the appropriate adjustm ents as
- Provide s con sultation and edu cation to health care
professionals, community agencies, and others interested in the
health ca re needs of homeless ind i vi duals including coordi
nation o n site and virtual ly with other providers and
- Appropriately documents in a tim ely manner and maintai ns all
patient medical records and protects the confidentiality of
patient-relate d medical and psychosocial inform ati on .
- Attend a nd leads as appropriate re gular meetings with staff,
prima ry care providers and supervisors, behavioral health team,
the addiction car e team, and other meet ings as needed.
- Appropriately and ti mely bill for services including CPT cod
es f or o ther proc edures and services .
- Ac t profess ional ly at all times with patient s and car e t
eam members ; CHL primary care has co mplex pat ients who require
re spect an d sensitivity as well as an intensive team a p proach
- Take weekend phone call s for the practice per i odic all y
incl uding cross coveri ng the p ractice that covers our p ractice
a t night and on the weekends ( approximately 4 we ekends per year
/ 5 -20 calls pe r weeken d ). QUALI FIC ATIONS:
- A licensed M D in the stat e of Massachusetts with an u
nencumbered , unrestricted , un re voked, un suspended, un c
onditional license as a physician in the State of Massachus ett s
- Prior experience as Medical Director/leadership for 3 or more
years in a primary care department, family medi c ine or urgent
care , preferred
- Active DEA Controlled Substance Regist ration
- Valid suboxone waiver or the abili ty to obtain upon hire
- Demonstrated skills in staff management, supervision, teaching
and instructio n skills, and organizational development .
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication and
meeting facilitation ski lls.
- Certified in Basic Life Support for Hea lthcare Providers
- Experience providing clinical services to indi vid uals with
both chr onic medical and behavioral health condi tions, and have
interest in serving complex, vulnerable, and disabled p opulations,
- Must be able to pass a CORI backgroun d check Interested
candidates, please send a Cover Letter and CV to: Carolyn Jacobs,
Manager of Physician Recruitm ent We are an equal opportunity
employer building strength through diversity and welcome all
applicants! As an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and
encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences,
perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran
status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible
assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org . We will make every effort to
respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as
possible. You have been redirected to a UMass Memorial Health Care
Keywords: UMass Memorial Health Care, Worcester , MEDICAL DIRECTOR, PRIMARY CARE - CHL, WORCESTER, MA, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!