Area Director of Engineering
Company: Highgate Hotels L.P.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Should you require assistance with applying online please visit
Application FAQs . Highgate is a leading real estate investment and
hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in
the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Overview The Area
Director of Engineering is responsible for being part of an
engineering team that will focus on corporate wide engineering
issues as well as local hotel issues that require support or
collaboration from the corporate team. The goal of the team will be
to leverage the skills and talent of the engineering organization
to maximize value to the guest, associates, and the hotel assets.
- A minimum of 80% of time needs to be focused on the base hotel
as the Director of Engineering. The Area Director is 100%
responsible for their base hotel. A maximum of 20% of time needs to
be focused on the Area Director responsibilities and functions as
- Establish relationships with all the properties in the area as
well as with the Corporate office team.
- Work to develop and maintain standard operating procedures
(SOP) and policies.
- Develop energy conservation initiatives and promote their
- Promote preventative maintenance activities throughout the
- Promote operational safety throughout the organization.
- Further the advancement of the engineering discipline
throughout the organization.
- Participate in conference calls and meetings on a regular
- Participate in training and mentoring programs to support the
Directors of Engineering and Engineering departments in the
- Conduct a minimum of 2 property audits for all hotels in the
Area utilizing the standardized Engineering audit format.
- Conduct engineering analysis of products and processes (i.e.
capital equipment, new technology) and make recommendations for the
area and the corporation.
- Assist in the budgeting and planning process at all hotels in
the assigned area as needed.
- Stay up to date with industry trends.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags. Qualifications
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of
force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
- Travel related to company business sometimes required. Sorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels L.P., Worcester , Area Director of Engineering, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!