Director of Real Estate Operations / Property Management
Company: Open Sky Community Services Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
At Open Sky, we believe that every individual, no matter what
challenges or life experience they have, deserves the chance to
live a productive and meaningful life - to see beyond their
perceived limitations so they can live beyond their own
expectations. With that goal in mind, we put innovative,
evidence-based practices - delivered by highly-trained and
compassionate staff - to work in residential programs and community
settings across Central Massachusetts every day. Join our team! By
working at Open Sky, you will join over 1,100 dedicated, passionate
professionals as we work together to positively impact the lives of
the people we serve. Our passion is to build and maintain strong
community relationships, and our efforts are informed by our
commitment to the values of inclusion, opportunity, diversity,
racial equity and justice for ALL people in our communities.
Description Open Sky is seeking a skilled planner and great
communicator to serve in the full-time position of Director of Real
Estate Operations. Under the direction of the Chief Financial
Officer, the Director of Real Estate Operations is a new position
responsible for providing direction, planning, and oversight for
the portfolio of high quality owned and leased properties of Open
Sky Community Services, which currently owns or leases over 80
different buildings and properties across Massachusetts. They are
experienced in real estate, property management, project
management, compliance, and working with government/regulatory
agencies, especially those in and around Central Massachusetts.
Additionally, the Director will have high-level leadership over
Open Sky's established facilities/maintenance department. Please
include a cover letter with your application which describes your
portfolio/experience with strategic real estate acquisitions.
Responsibilities Key Responsibilities Include:
- Strategic real estate planning and acquisition, including:
portfolio development, capital budgeting, and adherence to
occupancy funding arrangements.
- Tracking and managing real estate expenses; leading
relationships with vendors and contractors.
- Coordinating and overseeing project management for all
construction, moves, renovation, and systems upgrade projects.
- Utilizing financial models such as net present value (NPV),
discounted cash flow models, and lease vs buy analyses to assess
the value of real estate transactions.
- Ensuring operational excellence for the Open Sky portfolio of
properties, including the daily activities required to carry out
the necessary and various functional services of Open Sky including
safety and security, building maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Oversight of the agency facilities department, which includes a
director of maintenance, manager of maintenance, and several
maintenance technicians. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, real estate, project management,
or related field strongly preferred. Ample alternate experience
within real estate operations in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree will
- 5+ years of experience in real estate operations required, with
established track record of siting and acquiring properties.
- Geographically local to Central Massachusetts region and able
to commute to the programs of Open Sky.
- Experience in project management and coordinating
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the
organization, from program leadership to executive leadership.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and great
attention to detail.
- Ability to own and manage large projects, and to coordinate
many people across the organization.
- Proficient in Excel, including financial modeling and analysis.
Benefits of Working for Open Sky Include:
- Supervision, Professional Development, and Training
- Generous paid time off plan - you start with 29 days (almost 6
weeks!) in your first year, including 12 paid holidays. Increases
to 32 days in your 2nd year, and the current maximum is 43 days
(OVER 8 WEEKS!)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with Prescription
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Life Insurance (100% Employer-Paid)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Eligible employer for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness
- And more! Open Sky celebrates diversity and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state
employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered
for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin,
religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or disabled
Veteran status. -
Keywords: Open Sky Community Services Inc., Worcester , Director of Real Estate Operations / Property Management, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!