Associate Program Manager NPD
Company: Olympus Corporation of the Americas
Posted on: June 22, 2022
**Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH**
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and
health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives
healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
**_Let's inspire healthier lives, together._**
*** An Evergreen Requisition is an advertisement for positions that
Olympus hires for throughout the year. It is a way for Olympus to
build a database of qualified, interested individuals for a
particular job function so that when there is a need to fill that
type of role, the hiring process will be faster. By applying to an
Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest for a
particular job function within the Olympus family of
In addition to submitting your resume to an Evergreen Requisition,
we encourage you to create a job search agent to be alerted when
positions in your areas of interest become available. In the job
search agent, specify all the geographic locations you would
The Associate Program Manager will be responsible for independently
managing multiple post launch new product development projects as
well as small-scale, low complexity new product development
efforts. The candidate will be working with cross-functional core
teams for these different efforts. Responsibilities include the
planning of project activities, prioritization and follow up of
tasks and the development of project schedules.
The candidate is responsible for directly and indirectly driving
project execution and development efforts while ensuring that
deliverables meet internal and external customer requirements and
follow OSTA's (Olympus Surgical Technologies of America) Product
Development Process (PDP), including progress reporting and reviews
by senior leadership.
* Plan and execute small scale/ low complexity development
* Lead parts of larger, more complex Programs.
* With guidance, lead the Core Team in the development of a project
charter, objectives, project plan and schedule for assigned
* With guidance, develop and manage budgets for the project
including resource loading, external expenses, and capital
* Create agendas for team meetings and publish minutes/actions.
* Conduct routine cross functional team meetings to ensure
accountability and milestone achievements.
* Follow up on project related actions and deliverables, escalating
issues proactively as they arise.
* Collect dashboard Key Performance Indicators from all key
functions for Post Launch projects and identify and assess areas of
* Provide dashboard executive summaries and project highlights for
post launch projects.
* Provides quarterly project updates (written and verbal), to the
Project Approval Board, on all Post Launch Projects.
* Creation of presentations - both scheduled and ad-hoc as business
* Actively seek collaboration and build relationships with internal
customers to improve overall outcomes and timely project
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical Field required.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in the medical device field,
preferably in a R&D role or an Engineering role, interfacing
with New Product Development.
* Experience with applicable FDA guidance's, ISO 13485 regulations
and applicable industry standards.
* Position may require up to 10% domestic travel.
* Demonstrated planning and organizational skills with interest in
gaining expertise on project management principles, practices,
techniques, and tools.
* Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated with a
strong sense of urgency (recognition) to drive bias for action
(need to take action).
* Ability to work in an environment with competing priorities.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to present to small
and large teams.
* Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Project, Power Point, Visio, and
* Exposure to Project Management and/or project management
**_We realize work isn't just a job to you._**
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we
offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus
program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition
reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave,
on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be
ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical
technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing
to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic,
and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes,
reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients.
Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and
video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system
integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of
endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic
applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com
**Olympus...True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.**
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: -- United States (US) -- Massachusetts (US-MA) --
Keywords: Olympus Corporation of the Americas, Worcester , Associate Program Manager NPD, Executive , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!