Manager of Application Development
Company: EG America
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Position Summary:The Manager of Application Development is
responsible for overall effectiveness of the systems in the IT
Applications portfolio at Cumberland Farms which includes the
analysis, prototyping, developing and deploying of custom software
applications and solutions for the business. Ensure that maximum
utility is achieved by implementing and sustaining standard project
and software development processes through a series of key
performance indicators. Provide direct supervision and coaching to
Full Stack App developers that own working relationships with
internal business teams and external vendors. Manage application
development projects, develop a team of high performing software
developers and provide level 2 and level 3 support for critical
systems directly to stakeholders. The primary focus of the
individual is to lead development and delivery of software in
accordance to business requirements. The individual must have a
strong demonstrated understanding of SDLC , full software
development life cycle and have diverse experience with both
front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and
3rd party libraries. The individual will report directly to the
CIO, and will be responsible for architecture, design and
development of custom applications & systems.
- Process and Procedures: Support the business by adhering to
department standards for project management, software development
and change management.
- Operations: Supporting our Retail and Corporate team members by
providing 2nd level assistance to Operations team, assisting in
major incidents, problem reviews and knowledge transfers to level
- Relationships: Foster productive working relationships, both
internal and external, by prioritizing application development with
IT and the internal business teams.
- Finance: Achieve financial targets by estimating, planning and
executing the overall strategy of the application portfolio.
- Documentation: Create support and user documentation, technical
roadmaps, production turnover kits and change notification for the
- Coaching: Managing experienced professionals who exercise
latitude and independence in completing their assignments.
Developing internal talent by identifying areas to share critical
application knowledge and sustain a flexible support coverage.
- Responsible for overall effectiveness of systems and
applications in IT portfolio at Cumberland Farms which includes
analysis, programming, and configurations of end user
- Responsible for the oversight of all budgeted capital projects
for Cumberland Farms IT Dev Apps portfolio.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to systems design in other
markets where company does business.
- Participate in the design of overall architecture and develop
Web, System and Mobile Applications. Ensure the code is developed
to standards. Continuously enhance softrware by following strong
design principles and product specifications.
- Manage full Software Development Life-cycle. Manage the
end-to-end life cycle for the production of software and
applications. Analyze, write, build, and deploy software.
- Maintain quality and effective responsiveness of applications.
Enforce high code integrity and organization. Determine and enforce
the testing coverage for unit testing on all solutions, and work
closely with the teams to facilitate UAT cycles as needed.
- Develop Project Scope Documentation to include deliverables,
timelines, and budget. Work with the Project Managers and Business
stakeholders to develop the desired solution.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MS-SQL, Oracle, MySQL,
MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Demonstrated proficiency with front end languages and libraries
- Experience with multiple back-end languages such as C#, Java or
Meteor and Ember.
- Demonstrated proficiency with server side languages such as
Python, Ruby, PHP & Node.js.
- Solid understanding of database concepts (Cardinality,
Normalization, Constraints, Referential integrity, Concurrency
control & performance tuning).
- Knowledge of key concepts in Cloud computing and experience
- Demonstrated communication (both verbal & written) and
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Professional association with C-store industry associations or
their technology committees.
Working Relationships: Manager of Application Development will be
reporting to Group VP of Application Development. He/she will also
work closely with others within the IT department as well as with
business partners to ensure efficient software development, smooth
production handoffs and drive value to the business.
Requirements:Minimum Education: Computer Science Bachelor's
DegreePreferred Education: Masters in Computer ScienceMinimum
- 10+ years of hands-on Software development, or IT
- 7+ years of experience managing software developers
- Strong hands-on coding, design, & architecture skills
- 5+ years of experience building Mobile Apps across IOS &
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud technologies (Azure
experience preferred)Preferred Experience: 15+ years of Software
Development experience in Retail, Wholesale Fuels, and Supply Chain
Soft Skills: Strong communication skills, Desire to learn and stay
abreast of new technologies
Hours & Conditions: 40+ hrs/weekTravel: Minimal
Keywords: EG America, Worcester , Manager of Application Development, Executive , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!