Director of Clinical Microbiology Services - UMass Memorial Health
Company: Cross Country Search
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Pathology opening in Worcester, Massachusetts. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
The Department of Pathology at UMass Memorial Medical Center and
UMass Chan Medical School seeks a faculty member and a Director of
Clinical Microbiology Services in Worcester, MA. UMass Medical
Center also has a Joint Venture relationship with Quest
Diagnostics, Marlborough, MA. This position will oversee the needs
of both sites.
UMass Memorial Medical Center is the premier health care provider
in Central Massachusetts and is the teaching hospital of the UMass
Chan Medical School. The Department of Pathology has over fifty
faculty members and a highly regarded AP/CP residency program with
sixteen residents. The state-of-the-art Microbiology Laboratory at
Quest provides comprehensive services to major medical centers,
affiliated hospitals, and outpatient facilities in Northeast US.
The services include Aerobic, Anaerobic Bacteriology, Mycology,
Mycobacteriology, Virology, and Parasitology.
- Oversees the scientific and technical direction of the Clinical
Microbiology Laboratory, including CLIA responsibility for rapid
response labs as needed.
- Serves as the primary laboratory liaison to clinical care
providers and the National Quest Diagnostics laboratories.
Maintains critical client relationships.
- Provide teaching and post-graduate training to medical
students, residents, and fellows.
- Provide regulatory and quality oversight and maintains own
licensure, certifications, privileges, and professional
- Qualify for an academic appointment at UMass Chan Medical
School at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full
- Embody and exemplify the UMass Memorial Health Six Standards of
Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team
Player, and Be Kind.
Education and Qualifications:
- MD/DO degree or equivalent from an accredited medical school or
Ph.D. from an accredited Graduate Program.
- Board-certified by the American Board of Pathology with a
subspecialty in Medical Microbiology (ABP) or by the American Board
of Medical Microbiology (ABMM).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in clinical microbiology,
including effective collaboration with Clinical and Administrative
Staff in a major medical center.
- Significant fellowship and/or clinical experience in
- 2-3 years of experience serving as a director of a Clinical
Microbiology Laboratory is preferred.
- Experience with analytic data software and Pathology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact
professionally and effectively with physicians, hospital personnel,
employees, and external customers.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Joint commissions, CAP, and other
Apply here UMass Memorial Director of Microbiology or contact:
Keyphrases: pathology jobs, pathologist jobs, molecular pathology
jobs, genetic pathology jobs, clinical pathology jobs
Keywords: Cross Country Search, Worcester , Director of Clinical Microbiology Services - UMass Memorial Health, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!