Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17
states. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our
Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for
their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. -The Director of Facilities shall lead all facilities
management operations, implement approved in-club project
initiatives, coordinate regional facilities managers, ensure
compliance with all company policies, monitor contractor
performance and negotiate maintenance agreements with contractors
through Strategic Sourcing. -This leadership position is
responsible for the physical maintenance of buildings, properties
and building systems for all clubs and gas stations. -This includes
preparing facilities budgets, controlling capital spend and
maintenance expenses within budget and maximizing equipment
lifecycles through proper maintenance procedures. This position
will report to the VP of Construction / Facilities and is
responsible for the direct supervision of the Facilities Managers
and Sr. Facilities Managers. -Additionally, this position will work
closely with Club Field Operations to identify maintenance
opportunities through monitoring actual expense costs, club /
contractor metrics and develop programs to improve team member
training, club management awareness and improving contractor
performance. - -Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Develop and maintain the Facilities budgets for capital and
expense categories for assigned trades.
- Manage, train and develop the Facilities Management Team to
meet all company objectives.
- Supervise the contractor selection process and the associated
assignment of contractors to clubs within their region.
- Track and report the maintenance and capital costs routinely
and identify the trends where there are opportunities to reduce
- Develop a strategic 3, 5 and 10 year capital plan to improve
club conditions and maintain facilities equipment and
- Evaluate club condition reports and coordinate projects with
the Facilities Team to improve club conditions while maintaining
- Manage the contractor network for all facilities and resolve
conflicts with contractors.
- Supervise the maintain the facilities maintenance standards,
measure results, make changes based on contractor performance,
expense costs and club operation's feedback.
- Develop strategies for managing equipment and building
maintenance by utilizing capital spend where appropriate to
maximize the return and minimize future expenses.
- Communicate and coordinate with key internal home office
partners to develop programs to generate club maintenance expense
awareness to reduce controllable expenses.
- Track Facilities Manager performance and implement best
practices, safety protocols and training programs to all internal
and external resources.
- Initiate procedures to document existing club conditions at all
- Communicate and provide input to the Energy Team on utility
spend and budgetingQualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 8-10 years of related facilities experience
- Experience with Verisae, Service Channel or related electronic
maintenance systems preferred.
- Experience with energy management strategies and budgeting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to communicate across the organization
- Experience in successfully leading and managing a facilities
- Measurable experience developing talent
- Proficient in Word, Xcel and PPJob Conditions
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Worcester , Director Facilities, Executive , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!