Manager of Real Estate and Development
Company: Nouria Energy
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Nouria is a multi-branded fuel wholesaler/retailer, convenience
store and car wash operator in New England. Our sites are
identified with the major fuel brands Shell, Irving, Sunoco and
Gulf, along with Dunkin Donuts, McDonald's and Subway. We also take
pride in our private brands such as Xpress Stop, Lil Mart, J&S
Oil, FL Roberts and Golden Nozzle. We operate over 200 retail
locations and supply branded and unbranded fuels to 300+ dealers
throughout New England. For over 30 years, Nouria Energy has been
dedicated to providing our customers with superior-quality
The position will be primarily responsible for managing the
organization's real estate portfolio, including its relationships
with landlords and tenants, and for identifying, evaluating and
recommending new convenience store, car wash and/or retail gas
sites. The position manages and advises on all aspects of real
estate, including related contracts, permitting and zoning, and
single and multi-site acquisitions. This position will work closely
with multiple departments, including Legal, Operations,
Construction/Development, Finance/Accounting, Environmental and
Risk Management. The ideal candidate will have a proven track
record as a team player and real estate project leader.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with tenants, landlords and
brokers and other related service providers.
- Negotiate, review and advise on commercial leases and related
- Identify and evaluate potential sites in target markets. Due
diligence and research, including market mapping, competition,
population density and trends, demographics, activity generators
and area development trends, site availability, development
viability and economic development incentives, ownership and
- Negotiate and advise on contracts for purchase and sale of
commercial real estate and related documents.
- Manage real estate contract database and lease abstracting.
Track and negotiate lease renewals.
- Coordinate activities and communications between internal and
external stakeholders to complete diligence, permitting and
financing within appropriate timeframes.
- Manage site plan approval and permitting process for all new
sites, including analyzing local ordinances and zoning codes and
attending municipal hearings.
- Develop work scope, budget and schedule throughout duration of
- Prepare site approval package for submission, review and
- Manage divestment of vacant or non-producing properties.
- Manage additional projects and provide analysis as needed.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of retail real estate experience, including real
estate acquisition and leasing. Experience with convenience store,
QSR, car wash and/or retail gas industry preferred.
- Aware of market and industry trends, including lease terms,
real property valuation, rent, etc.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to drive real estate
strategy, evolution and innovation to further corporate objectives,
organizational growth and corporate development.
- Experience with real estate contract management systems and
- Excellent organizational, analytical, relationship
building/interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation, verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate Management, Business, Finance,
or related field(s).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project,
or other project management software.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of
organization, and with outside brokers, vendors, landlords,
franchisees, tenants, and municipalities, including formal
- Familiar with municipal zoning and permitting approval
- Must be a self-starter, self-disciplined and able to manage
Keywords: Nouria Energy, Worcester , Manager of Real Estate and Development, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!