Posted on: September 22, 2022
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
LOCATION: Westborough, MA
Qualus specializes in engineering design and consultation for the
power systems industry. Our offices are equipped with the most
current industry resources available to ensure our customers are
receiving the highest quality services. PGE's in-house project team
is comprised of technical engineers and operational professionals
who work to guarantee that our product designs are consistent with
client expectations. We are honored to work with various utility
companies across the country and are confident that our honest and
fair business practices will pave the way for continuous
Power your future with Qualusin our Substation Protection and
Control department as a Engineering Manager. Due to continued
growth, we are seeking seasoned Protection and Control Technicians
who are in or ready for a management position.If you have 10+ years
of experience in major utility substations, we want to hear from
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting,
selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching,
counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job
expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job
contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions;
enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing engineering
information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
preparing and completing action plans; implementing production,
productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving
problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining
administrative system improvements; implementing change.
- Provide oversight, technical and procedural direction to ensure
proper engineering processes are followed throughout
- Developing, nurturing and maintaining trusted relationships
with senior level engineering, managers, and executives with
current or prospective clients.
- Ability to coordinate work with engineering offices where
shared resources might reside.
- Work with department to cross-train employees on multi-client
standards for efficiency and scale, working towards more of a team
- Actively coordinate with Business Development to ensure a more
consistent pipeline and backlog of workflow.
- Confidently and comfortably present technical solutions to key
customers respond in real time to technical concerns and answer
questions in a knowledgeable articulate manner.
- Delegating, planning, prioritizing, and forecast upcoming
engineering requirements/needs including non-job-related training
- Direct and/or participate in client meetings/job site visits to
collect or deliver design and engineering data.
- Provide technical support for quotes/estimating as it relates
to engineering, project management and client management
- Review and approve employee time sheets and expense statements
- Ensure project cost, quality, and schedule requirements are
- Conduct audits to ensure all design packages follow PGE's QA/QC
- Complete Performance Appraisals, both Annual and Mid-year, and
Goal Setting meetings.
- Oversee internal training program by identifying staff's needs
and coordinating resources that will perform training.
- Attend Project Kickoff meetings to discuss in detail work
scope, project specifications, budgets, schedules, and safety
requirements with project team
- BS in Electrical Engineering (not engineering technology
program). An international engineering degree will be considered.
Master degree in Engineering Management or MBA a plus.
- Must have strong analytical and computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS:
- Professional Engineer registration is highly
- Experience in management a plus.
- Project Management Experience a plus.
- Possess to ability to effectively communicate with a wide
variety of support personnel.
- Strong commitment to customer service and care.
- Highly motivated "self-starter".
- Proven multitasking skills.
The duties described below are representative of those encountered
while performing the essential functions of this position. If
necessary, a reasonable accommodation may be requested and will be
evaluated for its relationship to the essentials functions that
must be performed.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but
may require travel to visit a Client's office and job
- When performing outside PGE office, appropriate safety training
and safety equipment will be provided by PGE and/or Client as
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally require
to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance,
stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel
objects and tools.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust
- E-Verify electronically compares information entered on the
Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9, with records
contained in Social Security Administration and Department of
Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the
identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
Qualus provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees without regard to race, creed, color religion, national
origin, marital status, sex (including pregnancy or gender), age,
physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship
status, veteran's status, or other protected classes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Qualus, Worcester , Engineering Manager, Executive , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!