Company: Sonesta Boston Westborough
Posted on: November 26, 2022
POSITION TITLE: General Manager REPORTS TO: IGH Regional
Leadership JOB SUMMARY: The Hotel General Manager functions as the
strategic business leader for the property with responsibility for
all aspects of the operations including, but not limited to, guest
and employee satisfaction, financial performance, sales and revenue
generation, marketing and delivering a return for investors.
Responsible to ensure appropriate implementation of brand specific
initiatives and strategies. Leads the team in the development and
implementation of strategies to drive guest and associate
satisfaction and loyalty. Manages relationships between Brand,
property ownership and the management company through proactive
communication, setting performance objectives, and delivering solid
returns for all stakeholders. The General Manager should be
actively involved in the local community, engaged with peers and
customers to build solid relationships with local officials,
business, and customers. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and represents the hotel in alignment with IGH Core
Values and Mission.
- Develops and executes business plans to maximize guest
satisfaction, profitability and market share.
- Has awareness and understanding of current market trends,
understanding of local competition as it relates to rooms, meeting
space and F&B outlets if applicable.
- Ensures Brand strategies and initiatives are executed on
property to ensure compliance with Brand Standards and meeting
guest expectations of the Brand.
- Ensures all services programs are in place and executed.
- Provides timely feedback to direct and in-direct reports
regarding performance to ensure hotel and Brand Standards are
maintained or exceeded.
- Effectively manage the flow of operating costs, labor,
revenues, and profitability to ensure they are maintained according
- Reviews and follows up on property guest satisfaction scores
and comments; identifies trends and creates plans to address.
- Establishes clear lines of responsibility and expectations for
- Represent the hotel in a professional, knowledgeable, and
- Through daily inspection of the property, ensures all public
spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas and heart of house areas
meet sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Acts as project manager for any capital improvements.
- Dress appropriately in business attire at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all Brand standards.
- Works with Regional Sales, Marketing and Revenue teams to
develop and implement strategies to gain market share and increase
profitability in all areas of the property.
- Support the sales efforts through partnership with property
Director of Sales.
- Interact with on-property guests to prospect new business and
build awareness of guest insights.
- Ensures all national and regional marking programs are pulled
through to relevant areas.
- Manages on property controllable costs associated with all
departments in the hotel.
- Effectively shares profit forecasts with all employees;
creatively identifies ways to engage the associates in hotel's
- Ensures all reporting and expenses are complete for month/ year
end by established deadlines,
- Reviews and approves all invoices; reconciles and submits all
credit card expenses.
- Prepares for monthly reviews with Area Director of Operations
and Asset Manager/Owner.
- Keeps all stakeholders (regional teams, asset managers,
property management team) advised of performance in areas of
finance and guest and associate satisfaction.
- Conducts monthly and annual property critiques & business
- Leads on-property associates through changes, providing
leadership and support.
- Understand performance expecations for all position; ability to
communicate expectations of performance consistently and with
- Ensures ongoing development of management team
- Appropriately seeks approval in staffing changes, regarding
positions and compensation.
- Maintain awareness of associate satisfaction by actively
engaging with associates at all levels.
- Ensure compliance with all IGH Standards as outlined in the
Employee Handbook and Company Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensures compliance with all labor requirements, compliance with
federal, state, and local requirements as well as Company policy
- Ensures compliance with all OSHA and Worker's Compensation
programs and compliance requirements, reporting and training as
- Ensures all hiring practices, discipline and terminations are
conducted in accordance with company SOPs and are consistently
applied to all associates. REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking, bending, stretching, excessive standing and/or sitting
as required to support the successful operation of the hotel and to
train associates in job duties.
- Some exposure to chemicals used in cleaning and maintaining the
- Minimum three years' experience as an Assist General Manager,
Operations Manager, Front Office Manager, or Department Manager in
a full or select service hotel.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Proficiency in computers to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and
other hotel operating systems.
- Proven record of success with Quality Assurance reviews and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing to a performance plan
- Demonstrated proficiency reading and understanding profit and
- Thorough understanding of total hotel operations.
Keywords: Sonesta Boston Westborough, Worcester , GENERAL MANAGER, Executive , Westborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!