VP, Residential/Consumer Lending & Operations
Company: Savers Bank
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Under the guidance of the Chief Lending Officer, the VP,
Residential & Consumer Lending & Operations is responsible for the
direction, management and coordination of retail lending
(originations, underwriting, and processing/closing), loan
servicing and collections. Areas of specific focus include
managing, processing, and sale of residential loan originations;
development of new business/products/services; and ensuring Bank
policies and procedures are adhered to and in compliance with all
applicable Federal and State regulations. Drives strategic
initiatives focused on customer experience, portfolio growth,
diversification, asset quality and profitability.
- Provides leadership, coaching, direction, and supervision to
direct reports within retail lending while also providing
leadership to the management of loan servicing and
- Sets strategies and objectives aligned with the Bank's
strategic plan and executes by developing goals and sales plans
that are monitored through various metrics including residential
and consumer loan pipelines. Regular team meetings are held with
the goal of driving performance.
- Actively participates in conjunction with the Chief Lending
Officer and Marketing to develop and generate residential and
consumer marketing strategies. Continuously enhancing the customer
experience through new products/services and more efficient
processes. Seeks opportunities to differentiate and drive
residential and consumer loan originations. Monitors sales
performance to determine new product and promotion needs as well as
the achievement of volume and profit projections.
- Develops and fosters effective industry relations, including
but not limited to homebuilders, real estate professionals,
condominium associations, industry/market stakeholders and other
business development contacts. Represents the Bank in various
community, civic and community reinvestment functions to further
enhance the Bank's image while developing, establishing, and
maintaining market position.
- Develops and oversees the residential and consumer loan
origination process in accordance with the Bank's loan and
appraisal policy guidelines and ensuring efficiency of
documentation, loan structure, systems and procedures. Monitors and
maintains Pre-Qual program and procedures. Responsible for the
Bank's relationship with FHLB's Grant and Down payment programs and
actively seeks other opportunities as they become
- Responsible for review and preparation of appropriate
information for final residential loan analysis. May recommend
conditions and terms of residential and consumer loan requests
including approvals, declinations, returns or alternate loan
programs. Reviews residential loan packages and prepares final
analysis for compliance with Federal, State, and secondary
- Manages, reviews, and oversees the Bank's secondary market
function (Freddie Mac, Federal Home Loan Bank). Ensures investor
quality loan packages, takes out investor contracts, delivers loans
according to specific investor requirements, ensures funding is
received and communicates sale to the loan servicing department.
Keeps abreast of secondary market investor requirements and pricing
to assist in mortgage sale decisions. Monitors competition and
develops/recommends interest rate schedules.
- Subject matter expert resolving highly complex, unique and
escalated problems referred by team members, lenders or management.
These issues may involve legal, compliance, accounting and/or
- Keeps informed of all laws, regulations, developments and
trends in residential and consumer lending and maintains expertise
in internal policies and procedures to continually identify
opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the
teams. Recommends revisions to residential and consumer loan
policies and procedures for approval by Chief Lending Officer and
Board or Directors. Maintains adequate internal controls and
ensures procedures/task lists are kept to date.
- Acts as primary liaison with regulators and auditors relative
to retail lending while providing support to loan servicing and
- Primary liaison with specified vendors. Responsible for
resolution of system issues. Maintains MortgagebotPOS / Powersite
website to ensure functionality, accuracy of disclosure and
regulatory compliance. Takes the lead on new projects and provides
leadership and guidance when delegating to direct reports.
- Responsible for the preparation, monitoring and quality control
for a variety of reporting (i.e., Loan Policy Exceptions,
production, pipeline status, commitments, etc.) to support
management decisions and comply with audit and examination
- Responsible fr the preparation, monitoring and quality control
of the year-end HMDA Reporting. Ensures compliance with NMLS,
FFIEC, and FDIC regulations. Submits LAR to appropriate regulatory
body within required periods.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration or another
relevant field; or equivalent experience;
- Ten (10) years minimum of relevant experience within the
financial services industry;
- Five (5) years of experience leading a Lending Team with
increasing senior management responsibilities;
- Strong working knowledge of Bank regulations/laws, residential
guidelines, secondary market guidelines, automated underwriting
systems, FHA and USDA products, Community Reinvestment
- Competencies include leadership, communication skills,
attention to detail, analytical/problem solving, ability to
identify market/business opportunities, consultative/relationship
- Knowledge of banking products, services, and systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation
- High reasoning skills including the ability to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to drive organizational change and build capabilities
that optimize operational efficiency and deliver innovative and
agile IT solutions.
- Ability to collaborate and relate well to all kinds of people,
build appropriate rapport and constructive, effective
relationships, and use tact and diplomacy to handle situations
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office and report writing
- Ability to set clear and actionable expectations; stimulate
learning, growth, and performance improvement in others; empower
others to contribute at increasingly higher levels; and provide
candid and beneficial feedback to team members.
Keywords: Savers Bank, Worcester , VP, Residential/Consumer Lending & Operations, Executive , Southbridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...