Future Opening: Director of Fitness
Company: Crunch Fitness
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Fitness Holdings is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people
that are passionate about health and fitness to join our team. We
are hiring for a Director of Fitness to oversee our 11 MA
locations.About Crunch: -Crunch is a gym that believes in making
serious exercise fun by fusing fitness and entertainment and
pioneering a philosophy of No Judgments. Our gyms are packed with
the latest state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment,
weight room, full service locker rooms with showers, tanning
booths, HydroMassage - bed, and an extensive schedule of Crunch's
signature classes including Zumba -, BodyWeb with TRX -, Yoga Body
Sculpt, Belly Butt and Thighs Bootcamp, and more.Job Summary:The
Director of Fitness (DF) is responsible for ensuring that each
club's Personal Trainers exemplifies the company's culture and
values, achieves the desired financial results, and for the
flawless execution of company operations, procedures, programs in
place for each club location. -The DF will also be held accountable
for ensuring the following:
- The DF will achieve and exceed the Company's PT sales plans and
KPI's (Key Performance Indicators).
- The DF will ensure that programs and operational protocols in
place to ensure the achievement of member satisfaction and
- The DF will ensure that each club is following company policies
and values as well as health and safety procedures.
- The DF will ensure that the appropriate performance management
is in place to ensure feedback is occurring on an ongoing basis and
performance problems are addressed in a timely and appropriate
manner with the appropriate level of support from HR / upper
- 3-5 years of Fitness Management experience, talent
- Must have a passion for fitness and maintain at least one
nationally recognized certification and qualification in personal
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
with the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely, and
- Have collaborative team-building and performance management
capabilitiesJob Travel Requirements: 100% -Finance and Operations
- Meet or exceed fitness department budgeted gross revenues,
maintain positive net income on a quarterly and annual basis (per
pro-forma) as well as headcount forecasts
- Create a plan to manage existing PT accounts and aggressively
expand customer base through new business acquisition.
- Create and maintain a PT dashboard to track and evaluate client
sessions (session package status, expiration of packages and
renewals and coordinate lead flow management).
- Maintain a safe, productive and inviting exercise environment
for employees, members and guests
- Develop schedules and goals for all staff members of the
- Audit day to day functions of the personal training staff.
Oversees schedule to make sure personal trainers adhering to all
expectations set forth by management.
- Track member feedback through the use of comment cards and
other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on member
requests and comments.
- Continuously monitor the PT business and financial results and
develop meaningful action plans to improve performance of the
- Model team expectations by interacting and observing team
members, checking the details of member experiences, making
recommendations and proactively solving problems.
- Lead and educate the team and provide leadership to reinforce
the contributions in which Personal Training delivers to provide
greater member engagement and retention.
- Ensure that the Team has current and up-to-date Personal
- Submit annual fitness budget for each club within district
- Assist in the implementation and promotion efforts as they
pertain to upcoming club events, new health and fitness
- Handle client questions and concerns at the fitness desk
including but not limited to: taking payment for training sessions,
scheduling appointments, etc.
- Provide monthly/quarterly equipment needs for each club
- Report and monitor all equipment issues/replacements via
- Communicate with all Partners and Crunch Corporate on all new
training programs and protocols
- Certified in DotFit; Train all new employees on Dotfit
- Order all necessary supplements/equipment/apparel for
- Manage a team of Fitness Managers assigned to each club.
- Recruit, train, develop and manage Fitness Managers and
Personal Trainers to ensure that clubs are adequately staffed at
all times and succession plans are appropriately maintained for
- Identify, develop and leverage existing talent to support the
growth of the District through the talent planning process.
- Assess all team members progress continually; coach team
members with positive reinforcement, and create training and
development plans when necessary to fill performance gaps
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, and orientation of staff to
ensure that each location has the most qualified management and
- Identify and develop associates with leadership or other
special skills for succession planning.
- Provide counsel to General Managers, to include personnel
issues, club events, problem solving, crisis intervention, etc. and
foster open communications.
- Administer site audits to ensure all clubs in area are in
compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Resolves escalated Employee Relations, performance and customer
service issues in partnership with the AD, GM, and HR.
- Approve all documentation on performance issues and assist club
management on progressive discipline when necessary.
- Fosters cross-district and cross-divisional relationships to
support the company's expansion and growth strategies.
- Escalate and communicate all situations and/or conditions that
affect the district (i.e., customer complaints, safety issues,
worker's compensation injuries, progressive discipline issues,
workplace harassment, unemployment hearings, etc.) with the
appropriate level of management or department.
- Complete annual performance evaluations for all Personal
Trainers in district and submit them to the appropriate level of
management for approval. Ensure employee reviews are administered
prior to due dates.
- Uphold and model company core values.
- Be a courageous people manager - give specific and timely
feedback (positive or constructive) as needed. Remove obstacles for
your staff, communicate issues and trends upward as appropriate,
find ways to continuously innovate and improve yourself and your
management skills. Don't let performance issues escalate. Figure
out how to hire the best and the brightest, and hire and promote
based on the merit principle.
- Find ways to innovate, improve and become more efficient with
all aspects of the clubs within your district including finance,
sales, operations, customer service, member retention and talent
- Build relationships and recruit new trainers through
local/national programs (i.e.W.I.T.S.)
Please note: This job description was designed as a summary of the
typical function of the job, and is not a comprehensive list of all
possible job responsibilities. The tasks and duties might differ
from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned may be part
of the job. Compensation: $125,000-$175,000 Crunch Fitness is
looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate
about health and fitness to join our team.Looking to combine work,
fitness and fun? Crunch Fitness is looking for energetic,
enthusiastic people that are passionate about health and fitness to
join our team. -Working at Crunch is more than a job, it's an
opportunity to inspire others to reach their fitness goals. Our 'No
Judgments' philosophy attracts a diverse and welcoming group of
professionals and makes Crunch an amazing company to work
for.Crunch -is a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun
by fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of
No Judgments. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art
cardio and strength training equipment, weight room, full service
locker rooms with showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage - bed, and
an extensive schedule of Crunch's signature classes including Zumba
-, BodyWeb with TRX -, Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and Thighs
Bootcamp, and more.For the fastest response to interviews &
follow-ups. Opt-out anytime. Crunch offers comprehensive benefits
for eligible employees. Free Membership Employee Discount Paid Time
Off Health Benefits for Full-Time Employees "Crunch is known as
your Crunch Family. I have been fully supported and encouraged to
be the best I can. The Crunch philosophy describes it best,
'encourage, empower and entertain.'"
Keywords: Crunch Fitness, Worcester , Future Opening: Director of Fitness, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!