Associate Director, Precision Medicine
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Precision Medicine Department at AbbVie is committed to
advancing drug development and patient care through
building a deeper understanding of disease biology and developing
tools to optimize clinical decision making and
customize treatment for patients. AbbVie is seeking a highly
motivated and experienced translational scientist to drive the
development, planning, and execution of clinical translational
research objectives and precision medicine strategies in
- Drive the development, planning, and execution of translational
research and precision medicine strategies for programs
in gastroenterology:- Implement translational research strategies
for programs in gastroenterology to support clinical
success of pipeline assets, including PD/TE biomarkers, POM
biomarkers, patient selection/stratification strategies, and
development of novel disease biomarkers.
- Drive the design, conduct, interpretation and reporting of
biomarker data/activities for pipeline assets in line with the
development, regulatory and commercial strategies.
- Coordinate appropriate scientific and medical activities with
internal stakeholders (i.e. commercial, clinical operations,
discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc.) to execute high quality
biomarker strategies in the clinic.
- Ensure, in collaboration with project leaders and asset-specific
translational team members, that clinical translational
sciences budgets, timelines, publication strategies and regulatory
compliance requirements are factored into programs'
- May sit on cross-functional teams and will be required to
communicate to a variety of partners and stakeholders.
- Generate novel scientific proposals to support the precision
medicine gastroenterology disease area strategy and lead
those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate scientific and
disease area advances or competitive threats and respond
with appropriate new strategies.
- Serve as the primary author of publications, presentations,
regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
- Present at leading scientific congresses.
- BS or equivalent education and extensive, typically 16+ years of
experience; MS or equivalent education with typically
14+ years of experience; PhD with typically 8+ years of experience
in functional area or scientific area of discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a principal investigator,
generating original technical ideas and research or
- Demonstrated creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve
difficult technical problems and champion new technologies to
achieve project goals.
- Experienced and demonstrated success as primary author of
publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or
primary inventor of patents.
- Demonstrated scientific communication and presentation skills by
presenting at leading scientific conferences.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and effective time management
with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability
to present results in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and collaboration skills to
work in a team-oriented, matrix environment, with the ability
work through conflicts.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving
innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and
embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie's policy to employ
qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy),
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally
protected group status.
Keywords: BioSpace, Worcester , Associate Director, Precision Medicine, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!