Corporate Communications Manager - Growing Healthcare Organization
Company: Fallon Community Health Plan
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Job ID: 5411
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 2018-11-05
About Fallon Health
Founded in 1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care services organization that supports the diverse and changing needs of those we serve. In addition to offering innovative health insurance solutions and a variety of Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel in creating unique health care programs and services that provide coordinated, integrated care for seniors and individuals with complex health needs. Fallon has consistently ranked among the nation's top health plans, and is accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products. For more information, visit fallonhealth.org.
The Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for:
- Developing overall internal communication and public relations/social media strategies for Fallon Health, ensuring the appropriate and timely dissemination of information to all identified audiences.
- Developing an understanding of target audience needs, decision processes, perceptions of Fallon products and services, perceptions of Fallon relative to competitors.
- Directing public relations, ensuring alignment with business goals and managing reputational risks and opportunities. In times of crisis, develops and leads strategies to convey the company's position and help protect its reputation.
- Developing organizational messages to employees for regular posting on ifallon
- Collaborating with Human Resources on internal communication development/deployment. Writing and editing various corporate communication materials/collateral, and leading and assisting with special projects as assigned.
Preparing remarks for the CEO for internal and external events/audiences.
Working with leadership as needed to develop and implement agendas for corporate meetings; also responsible for meeting logistics
- Collaborates with members of the Corporate Relations Department and business partners to develop story ideas that promote our products and services. Generates supportive communications, including key messages and potential questions. Pitches story ideas.
- Maintain effective working relationships with news media.
- Acts as the organization's spokesperson. Responds to requests for information and quotes from the news media.
- Writes news releases and develops media statements.
- Manages aspects of Fallon's social media presence.
- Compiles comprehensive information about the organization for the news media.
- In times of crisis, works with department leadership and PR counsel to develop and execute on a plan.
- Utilizes ifallon, emails and corporate meetings, among other tactics, to support/reinforce mission, vision, values and keep employees updated on activities associated with business objectives and corporate metrics.
- Prepares executive remarks, when needed.
- Partners with corporate business partners to develop messaging, and other activities as needed/requested.
- Collaborates with members of the Corporate Relations team to create and deploy materials for corporate business partners
- Drafts speeches and talking points for the CEO.Leads the development of the annual report and other corporate communications that serve a broad audience.
- Nominates key individuals and the organization for recognition events.
- Four-year degree in marketing, communications, journalism, English or other communications-related area strongly preferred.8-10 years of experience in health care and/or health insurance.
- Experience in managing news media relations, social media, employee communications, corporate meetings, annual reports, executive speechwriting and crisis communications, Project management experience required.
Keywords: Fallon Community Health Plan, Worcester , Corporate Communications Manager - Growing Healthcare Organization, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!