Regional Director in Worcester, MA
Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: October 12, 2019
REGIONAL DIRECTOR IN WORCESTER, MA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Vital EMS / Community EMS / AMR
Worcester / Marlborough, MA
Summary: Create a culture of sustained growth by providing
strategic direction and operational management for a particular
operating division. The Regional Manager must work to meet the
market s financial objectives and support the strategic direction
of the region and organization. Success can be realized by ensuring
internal and external customer satisfaction, developing/retaining
profitable market share, increasing non-acquisition growth, and
embracing Vital EMS s Values
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage;
translate broad growth, government relations, and other relevant
strategies into specific objectives and action plans; align the
organization to support strategic priorities.
* Demonstrate sound, entrepreneurial risk taking by championing new
ideas and initiatives that address market potential, level of care
needs, and customer expectations. Identify financially sound, new
business opportunities and make them a reality in order to create a
culture of sustained growth; foster innovation and risk taking.
* Plan, prepare, and utilize financial records (including budgets,
forecasts, payroll data, etc.) and key metrics in order to analyze
and make decisions to meet specific strategic and financial goals.
Take timely and appropriate corrective actions when necessary to
ensure financial expectations (EBITDA, ROIC, etc) are met
* Responsible for all facets of the profit and loss of the division
which includes top line revenue to allocations. Understand the
nature of the transports provided and responsible for the
documentation provided by crews. This documentation dictates the
level of service (CCT/ALS/BLS) and nature (non-emergency/emergency)
which drives the revenue billed.
* Responsible for the division s accounts receivable (AR) and
understanding all payer classes (Medicare, Medicaid, HMO s, 3rd
party insurers, VA, etc). Collaborate with PBS (as well as all
support departments) to ensure AR is promptly addressed.
* Provide clear strategic direction regarding the organization s
values and model Vital s values for all levels of the division.
* Communicate with his/her division regarding local, regional and
national strategies and related initiatives. Encourage input and
participation where practical to ensure success related to such
* Regularly foster strong working relationships with local public,
private, political and community members, including but not limited
to mayors, boards of supervision, commissioners, officials of fire
and police departments, chambers of commerce, rotaries, and in some
cases state officials.
* Participate in labor negotiations and other actions to balance
employee engagement and the financial viability of division.
* Regularly review and address transport ticket work to ensure
timely and appropriate payments.
* Ensure customer satisfaction and contract retention, by providing
optimal service levels to agencies, hospitals, and the medical
community. Analyze information regarding customer satisfaction,
modify processes, and counsel employees to ensure high levels of
* Review and approve expense reports and invoices in compliance
with company policy.
* Keep current on industry trends that have potential impact on the
* Formulate, coordinate and/or lead marketing activities and
business development to increase revenues and decrease costs.
* Champion the practice of Vital EMS medicine to improve health
outcomes of the general population
* Design, implement and maintain processes to maximize quality of
* When appropriate influence others, by asserting own ideas and
persuading others; gain support and commitment and mobilize people
to take action.
* Demonstrate strong execution skills by outlining goals and
expectations, assigning responsibilities and clearly defined roles;
delegate to and empower others, remove obstacles, allow for and
contribute needed resources, coordinate work efforts when
necessary, and monitor progress.
* Establish a program for disaster planning and take control of
situations as needed during times of disaster.
* Interact with other emergency relief providers: public and
* Establish goals and objectives for field operations based upon
communicated goals and strategies for the region, and clearly
communicate these goals and objectives to the appropriate
* Deliver clear, convincing, and well-organized information in
presentations and written format; understand audience and position
message accordingly; use appropriate language and illustrations to
convey key points; project credibility and poise even in highly
visible, adversarial situations
* Demonstrate sound judgment by applying broad knowledge and
experience when addressing complex issues; define issues clearly
despite ambiguity; take all critical information into account when
making decisions; and make timely, tough decisions.
* Act as a resource to employees in resolving problems and
* Monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA, EEO, and other
applicable local, state, and federal laws governing business and
* Volunteer in community activities to increase the image of the
division and Vital EMS.
* Share information with others in the region, other AMR operating
companies, and Corporate, to increase the use of best
* Establish plans and implement specific actions to assist in the
quick, effective integration of new companies into the AMR
* In conjunction with Fleet Management, manage inventory (including
the fleet of vehicles) in a cost-effective manner.
* Model effective listening skills by demonstrating attention to
and conveying understanding of the comments and questions of
others; listen well in a group.
* Administer the capital budget to ensure effective use of
* Ensure compliance with Vital policies and procedures.
* Moderate travel to assigned areas of responsibility.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is
everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every
computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security
policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security
training, when offered. Report information systems security
* Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, champion
succession planning, counsel and provide corrective actions to
direct reports, and work to facilitate individual and team
development that drive positive results.
* Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment,
including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc.
Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of
company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Minimum Qualifications
* Bachelor s degree in business, healthcare or appropriate field of
study, or equivalent level of related experience
* Minimum of three years in general management experience,
including financial management and employee supervision.
Demonstrated effective track record cultivating relationships with
internal and external customer-base. Experience in healthcare
Knowledge and Skills:
* Detailed understanding of business modeling, proformas, P&L
statements and balance sheets. Strong understanding of sales lead
strategy and closure. Driving record in compliance with AMR policy
regarding insurability. Effective oral, written, interpersonal
Keywords: American Medical Response, Worcester , Regional Director in Worcester, MA, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!