Company: Wyman Gordon
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Wyman-Gordon, located in Worcester, MA, provides Isothermal
Forgings for military and commercial turbine applications using
nickel based and titanium alloys. Full Heat Treating, Machining and
Testing on site. This growing, $200 million profit center is part
of a highly successful, multi-billion $ (NYSE) diversified
manufacturer. Precision Castparts Corporation (PCP).
The Safety Manager is responsible for the overall management and
supervision of the company's programs and procedures to protect its
employees from occupational safety and health hazards. The goal of
this position is to minimize the risks posed by these hazards to
its employees and to the company by developing and implementing
appropriate hazard control systems and programs. The Safety Manager
will work on the Plant Floor. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establishing systems to identify, evaluate and control
occupational safety and health hazards
- Developing policies, programs and projects to abate
- Identifying hazard priorities and tracking the plant's progress
in addressing these priorities.
- Establishing oversight and working relationships with the
supervisors, operations managers and plant manager regarding the
control of occupational safety and health hazards
- Maintaining state of the art knowledge regarding the
recognition, evaluation and control of occupational safety and
health hazards through ongoing training and research
- Maintaining an expert level awareness of current OSHA and other
applicable safety and health regulations
- Managing and supervising the use of contracted, outside safety
and industrial hygiene consultants to ensure that they provide
quality service at costs consistent with the company's
- Chairing the Safety Committee in order to help coordinate
resources and track the abatement of plant safety and health
- Conducting his/her work in a manner that strives to reduce
costs while accomplishing the program's goals and objectives
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health and Safety, Safety,
engineering, chemistry, biology or a related science. Master's
Degree in Industrial Hygiene preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the field of Safety and
Industrial Hygiene in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist and/or Certifies Safety
Professional designation preferred or in process. SPECIAL SKILLS
AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Superior communication, persuasion and motivation skills.
- Team building skills.
- Planning and managerial skills.
- Solid understanding of safety, industrial hygiene and
engineering principals and the ability to apply to the company's
- Ability to look at the plant's current position regarding
occupational safety and health and compliance issues, to identify
strengths and weaknesses and to select and promote an appropriate
course of action to resolve outstanding issues in order to protect
employees and to foster the company's success.
- The ability to perform in a matrix organization. US Citizenship
or Perm Residency is required due to government military
Please apply at: Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity
employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job
categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Wyman Gordon, Worcester , Safety Manager, Executive , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!