Associate Director, Precision Medicine - Immunology
Company: AbbVie, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
- Worcester, United States of America
- Research and Development
- 2101970 Job Description About AbbVie
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter ,
Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Job Title: Associate--Director, Precision Medicine
ImmunologyPurpose Statement The Precision Medicine Immunology group
is hiring an experienced translational scientist with expertise in
immunology who will be responsible for the development, planning,
execution, and interpretation of translational medicine activities
in support of the immunology clinical development portfolio at
AbbVie.Major Responsibilities:The candidate will:
- Develop biomarker/translational strategic plans and manage
implementation of strategies for one or more clinical programs.
Responsibility may extend from early translational development
activities to mature product life cycle strategies and back
- Manage the design, conduct, interpretation and reporting of
biomarker data/activities in line with the development, regulatory
and commercial strategies
- Lead asset-specific translational projects/teams in a matrix
- Coordinates appropriate scientific and medical activities with
internal stakeholders (i.e. commercial, clinical operations,
discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc.) to execute high quality
biomarker strategies in the clinic
- Ensure, in collaboration with project leaders and
asset-specific translational team members, that clinical
translational sciences budgets, timelines, publication strategies
and regulatory compliance requirements are factored into programs'
- Accountable for the scientific input and review of all
translational medicine aspects of clinical and regulatory
documents, including but not limited to development plans, study
protocols, clinical study reports, regulatory submissions, and
responses to any regulatory, and other program documents.
- Lead scientific collaborations and opinion leader interactions
related to the disease area(s); partners with Medical Affairs,
Commercial and other functions in these activities as required,
consistent with corporate policies
- Pro-actively consult primary scientific literature, keep
current on state of art technologies and emerging concepts in
- Work on complex problems in which analysis of situation or data
requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- PhD, PharmD and/or MD with 6+ years or MS with 8+ years of
experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent;
substantial understanding of Translational Sciences and relevant
Therapeutic Area required. Will hire at level according to
- Strong scientific background in immunology or related field
supported by publication record in these areas
- Expertise in gastroenterology and/or dermatology highly
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory
requirements governing clinical trials, companion diagnostics/in
vitro diagnostics, protocol design, and/or experience in
development strategy preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership in translational sciences (employing
pharmacodynamic, predictive and exploratory biomarkers) and
experience with development of assays including ligand binding
assays, IHC/IF, gene expression profiling, flow cytometry is a
- Ability to manage clinical translational programs and teams
with moderate supervision.
- Organization, detail oriented, and effective time management
with an ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Familiarity with data management and visualization tools and
collaborating with computational biology to analyze complex data
sets emerging from clinical trials
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to
present the results in clear and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and collaboration skills to
work in a team-oriented, matrix environment, and the ability to
work through conflicts
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive
hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online)
thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending
you "phishing" messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself
from phishing scams. Click here to find out how you can avoid being
a victim of job phishing scams.
Keywords: AbbVie, Inc., Worcester , Associate Director, Precision Medicine - Immunology, Healthcare , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!