Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Company: CareWell Urgent Care
Posted on: November 22, 2021
CareWell Urgent Care centers offer neighborhood urgent care.
CareWell Urgent Care is the place to go for fast, caring, and
affordable medicine for an injury or illness, vacation care,
vaccinations and physicals. We treat most common illnesses and
injuries.CareWell Urgent Care seeks Full Time and Part-Time Nurse
Practitioners or Physician Assistants for our Worcester- Lincoln
Street location. Must have availability for 12 hour shifts and
weekends.Job Summary:Under the indirect supervision of the Medical
Director and/or Supervising Physician, the Family Nurse
Practitioner / Physician Assistant Provider delivers episodic care
commensurate to all patients.Essential Functions:
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients of all ages
- Responsible for direct patient care including general pediatric
and adult medicine, occupational medicine, basic x-ray evaluation
(chest fractures and abdomen), splinting and suturing, wound care,
chronic disease management, minor trauma, occupational medicine.
Although not a trauma center, NP/PA must be able to stabilize
acutely ill patients for transport.
- Completes medical charts after each visit.
- Assists in internal quality control audits.
- Provides quality medical care according to standards on quality
- Supervises clinical staff and medical assistants and lab
personnel in area of specific support services for patient care
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with
- Must report to a Supervising Physician and hold a valid and
current Collaboration Agreement with the Supervising
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by Medical
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of preventive
- Must have at least one year experience working as a PA or
- Knowledge of the state and federal laws pertaining to medicine
and to urgent care centers.
- Knowledge of the structure and function urgent care
- Skill in communicating effectively with patients and their
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with other employees, patients and the general
- Must be in possession of a valid license to practice in the
State of Massachusetts or Rhode Island.
- FNP, DNP or PA degree required, preferably trained and/or
experienced in ER medicine or Family Practice. ACLS, PALS, NALS,
- Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of
medicine and allied services commensurate with his/her
- Demonstrate a special interest in the area of community
- Ability to relate to culturally diverse patients and
Keywords: CareWell Urgent Care, Worcester , Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!