Women's Health Community Health Worker
Company: Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Summary: The Community Health Worker (CHW) works as a member
of the Women's Health Practice team to provide comprehensive,
coordinated interventions to address the social determinants of
health (SDOH) of OB/GYN patients. The CHW provides interventions in
accordance with the Massachusetts Board of Certification of
Community Health Worker core competencies as part of a
patient-centered medical home.
- Work with program patients to help with care coordination,
access to GYN specific resources, navigation of medical and social
service systems, and other aspects specific to women's health
- Assist OB patients in navigation of health care system to
ensure that patients are engage in prenatal and postpartum
- Conducts assessments for Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)
with patients referred for CHW interventions in accordance with
health center policies and protocols. Develops an intervention plan
based on identified needs to provide assistance and support to
- Provides basic education, screening, brief intervention, and
facilitates referrals as needed to other community-based resources
in accordance with applicable health center protocols.
- Provides health system education and advocacy to assist
patients in navigating the health care system.
- Participates in population-based projects, for example,
reaching out to assure preventive care is received, follow up of
chronic missed appointments, and/or adherence to chronic care
- Follows up with provider-identified patients to further assess
and address psychosocial barriers that limit patient engagement in
- Participates in assigned community- based activities, including
health fairs/events and outreach to potential new patients.
- May participate on community, city-wide or statewide committees
as a representative of the health center, when assigned by
- May be required to perform more intensive specialized services
in priority areas as designated by the health center, e.g. home
visits, refugee services, prenatal or postpartum services, tobacco
cessation, or chronic disease education and care management.
- Adheres to specific grant-related duties and requirements
related to funding for the position.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of work or volunteer experience in human
services or healthcare with demonstrated knowledge of or ability to
work with the targeted community.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn the
health center's Electronic Medical Record and other
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Depending on the nature of the position, bilingual in English
and another critical language for the health center may be
- Successful completion of the CHW core competency training
within 2 years of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center, Worcester , Women's Health Community Health Worker, Healthcare , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!