Infectious Disease Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant,
you'll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led
medical group. Primary care and specialist providers work
collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost,
and experience of health care. With the resources of a global
health organization - Optum - behind us, we're at the forefront of
value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model -
your integrated care teams focus on the best patient care rather
than volume. Providers practice at the peak of their license -
focusing on effective, quality care and plans. Through innovation
and superior care management, we support a focus on patients and on
your wellbeing. Discover a place where you can help shape the
future of health care and do your life's best work. (sm)
As a part of Optum Care, the largest network of medical groups in
the country, Reliant Medical Group is seeking a Full-Time Nurse
Practitioner OR Physician Assistant to join our team in Worcester.
At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing
physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery
organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.
- Collegial group practice with a large referral base
- Will join our respected division, including three
- The position will be located at our Worcester site within Saint
- Evaluates need and/or time for follow-up and document that
makes and arranges appropriate referrals when necessary
- Evaluates effectiveness of previously implemented medical
- Develops and provides educational materials and/or programs to
patients, families, and healthcare professionals
- Assist with management of IV antibiotic therapy
- Investigation and management of rare infectious problems
- State of the art Epic EMR system
What makes an Optum Care organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it
well, you can't do it alone - this is the foundation of the
team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and
- Reliant is a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still
maintaining the culture and community of our local care
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Compensation based on quality, not quantity
- Dedicated CME Time & Allowance
- Excellent PTO package
- Robust retirement package including employer funded
About Reliant Medical Group
At Reliant Medical Group , transforming the delivery of health care
across Central and Boston Metro-west Massachusetts is our passion.
Founded in 1929, we are an established multi-specialty, physician
led integrated healthcare delivery system, with 500 providers that
care for over 320,000 patients throughout our 19 locations.
Recognized nationally for an innovative, sustainable care model and
advanced EHR platform, we offer a full range of outpatient primary
care and over 30 different specialties including hospital medicine,
comprehensive radiology services, and urgent care.
Reliant Medical Group has a long history of commitment to
value-based care and clinical excellence. The organization exceeds
the 90th percentile in most HEDIS measures, is among the top
provider groups nationally in patient experience and provides care
at a cost well below market competitors. Reliant is also committed
to the provider experience and understands that the best path to
better patient care is by ensuring that providers and staff are
happy, engaged, and productive.
- 1-3 years of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
experience in a robust Infectious Disease practice preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must have National Board Certification
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts board of
registration in Nursing
- Graduate of an Accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or
Physician Assistant program, Masters level preferred
- Maintains BLS certification, professional certification as
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this
role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster
doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth
Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as
well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to
ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential
job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Fluency in EMR systems & technology
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and
communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate
companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19
vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some
roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job
function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and
local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client
COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary
information from candidates prior to employment to ensure
compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job
functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet
the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an
employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of
care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led
organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care
organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through
more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice
clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics,
surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused
on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change
through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at .
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality
care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Worcester , Infectious Disease Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant , Healthcare , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!