Certified Nurse Assistant CNA Per Diem
Company: American Addiction Centers
Posted on: January 26, 2023
AdCare, a subsidiary of American Addiction Centers, Inc., is a
for-profit substance abuse disorder treatment facility located at
107 Lincoln Street, Worcester, MA. For over 45 years, AdCare has
been helping individuals and families struggling with alcohol and
drug use, one life at a time. The AdCare name represents
innovation, quality, and cost efficiency in treating alcohol and
drug dependency. We are committed to improving the lives of our
patients and their families by providing safe, effective,
recovery-based alcohol and drug treatment.Our addiction recovery
center(s) provide a comprehensive approach to care. AdCare's
integrated system of care offers a range of accessible treatment
centers including a 114-bed inpatient hospital and several
conveniently located outpatient sites located throughout the
Massachusetts and Rhode Island areas. When you join AdCare, you
become part of our family. AdCare seeks talented individuals who
are passionate, empathetic, engaged in their work and dedicated to
serving people. Together, we can enable our patients to live
happier and healthier lives. Our purpose and passion are to empower
patients, their families, and our communities by helping
individuals achieve recovery and optimal wellness of the mind,
body, and spirit.Job SummaryPer Diem Position. The CNA will
interact directly with patients, providing therapeutic support,
comfort and transfers within the facility, monitoring patient vital
signs and assisting with ADL. The CNA shall be a dedicated,
compassionate, and energetic individual who will serve the
significant role of identifying and communicating patient needs and
addressing them directly or in conjunction with nursing and other
facility clinical staffDuties and Responsibilities: To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Screen baggage at admission. Accurately records all patient
belongings and valuables in the EMR on the Clothing Inventory
E-form. Secures patient valuables such as cash, cell phones in
accordance with hospital policy. Assists the staff with skin
- Orients patient to the unit and to the hospital (when
possible); provides ongoing patient education as directed by
- Assist patients with room and floor transfers and discharges;
orients patient to new unit upon arrival including introduction to
on duty staff. Assists discharged patient to the lobby; gathers all
personal belongings as recorded on the patient valuables list.
- Performs waive testing (Dip, Occult, Pregnancy) and EKGs and
appropriately documents in the EMR.
- Assist with ADL activities. This includes delivering meals to
patients, turning, bathing, toileting and ambulating patients and
providing fluids/nourishment between meals.
- Offers therapeutic support to patients, responding to concerns
and encouraging their continued work in accomplishing
- Provide adjunct care for the patient as directed by nursing
team; 1:1 monitoring.
- Check vital signs, documents in EMR.
- Adhere to professional standards, follow policies and
procedures, and abide by federal, state, and local requirements, as
well as Joint Commission standards.
- Complete Safety checks per company policy.
- Reports observations from direct patient care to licensed nurse
to assure continued safety of all patients. Ensures patient
compliance with fall risk objectives.
- Maintains unit stock levels of supplies.
- At end of shift communicates to incoming CNA pertinent data
regarding patient activity or needs.
- 3rd shift CNA responsible for batching urine toxicology
- Medical Assistants may assist with venipuncture when
- Treats patients, and colleagues with dignity and respect;
honors each persons right to privacy/maintains very strict patient
and colleague confidentiality; respects all individual differences;
supports cultural diversity.
- Consistently arrives to work on time and adheres to attendance
- Other duties as assigned within scope of workEducation/
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of a state-approved CNA certification training
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to handle multiple tasks
safely and effectively
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate
sensitive information with empathy (bedside manner)
- Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook and EMR.
- 6 months experience with substance/psych desirable.
- The Medical Assistant/CNA functions as an integral member of
the patient care team; will provide nursing care to patients under
the direction of the licensed nurse to meet the needs, comfort and
safety of patients.
- Provide patient monitoring one-to-one on the unit, groups and
meal periods.Certifications and Licenses:
- CNACompetitive Benefit Package
- Affordable Medical (with HRA) and Dental plans provided to meet
the needs of full-time and part-time employees.
- Package also includes Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare
and Dependent Care expenses.
- Voluntary insurances include Vision, Accident, Critical
Illness, LTD, Pet Insurance, & Supplemental Life Insurance.
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D Policy.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Company-matching 401(k).All positions require a TST, MMR Titer,
and the ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening (including
THC) and a background records check.American Addiction Centers is
an equal opportunity employer. American Addiction Centers prohibits
employment practices that discriminate against individuals or
groups of employees on the basis of age, color disability, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran
or military status, genetic information or any other category
deemed protected by state and/or federal law. The Company will
provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with
State and Federal disability discrimination laws.Job ID: 2022-7517
External Company URL: http://contactaac.com
Keywords: American Addiction Centers, Worcester , Certified Nurse Assistant CNA Per Diem, Healthcare , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!