Research Administrator - Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
Company: Tufts University
Location: North Grafton
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University provides
24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1985, we have
offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral and
emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic
pets. The hospital also serves as the primary clinical training
environment for the veterinary students, interns and residents.
What You'll Do
This role will be a Research Administrator I or II depending on the
experience of the candidate. This position will a hybrid position,
two day on campus, three days remote
Under moderate supervision the Research Adminstrator is responsible
for administering portfolio of broad and moderately complex
sponsored awards. Utilizing considerable knowledge of research
administration and academic area, works with faculty to develop
sponsored proposals and to manage post-award compliance activities.
Serves as resource to junior level research administration staff.
May assist school management with other assigned program operation
- Reviews funding proposal opportunity announcement or request
for grant proposal to gain understanding of requirements,
submission process and sponsor guidelines.
- Using the Research Administration System;
- Prepares business components of grant application
- Prepares and routes proposal for internal approval, and
- Prepares, reviews and submits subcontractor and other
documentation to Office of Pre-Award Research Administration for
final review and submission to sponsor.
- Responsible for preparing proposal's categorized budget and
budget justification, confirming accuracy of costs. Verifies that
correct facilities and administrative cost rate is applied.
- Identifies, obtains approval and ensures proper, documented
cost share for proposal submission.
- Once grant has been awarded, revises categorized budget as
necessary. Provides information for appointment of individuals in
compliance with grant provisions.
- Identifies need for advance accounts and no-cost extensions and
takes responsibility for completing required internal
- Monitors award budget and reports internally on spending,
- Reviews contracts and subcontracted procurement and financial
- Works with Principal Investigator (PI), school, department and
central administration to determine allowable and allocable project
- Develops burn-rate analysis and budget projections in the Axiom
budget system as needed.
- Participates in training events sponsored by the Office of the
Vice Provost for Research (OVPR).May assist school management with
other assigned program operation functions.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completing of Bachelor's
degree with 3-5 years' experience.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and internet
- Knowledge of funding agencies and their programs.
- Understanding of regulations that govern federal research
funding and related areas of regulatory compliance.
- Proficient with electronic grans management systems (i.e.,
grants.gov, NIH, eRA Commons, NSF Fastlane, Workspace, etc.) or
ability to learn these and other applicable systems.
Keywords: Tufts University, Worcester , Research Administrator - Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Healthcare , North Grafton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!