Clinical Reviewer II - PASRR - Boston Metro/North Shore (Home Based/ClientVisits)
Company: UMass Med School
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Clinical Reviewer II - PASRR - Boston Metro/North Shore (Home
1 week ago(3/3/2023 11:45 AM)
# of Openings
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general supervision of the
Associate Director, or designee, the Clinical Reviewer II is
responsible for completing Pre-Admission Screening Resident Reviews
(PASRR) Level II Evaluations by conducting face to face evaluations
and reviewing medical records, in accordance with relevant
guidelines and regulations. This position ensures that individuals
with mental illness (MI), seeking admission to or currently
residing in a nursing facility, receive an in-person evaluation and
nursing facility placement determination.
- Upon suspicion of MI conduct in-person
evaluations to confirm the presence of MI, whether a nursing
facility is the most appropriate setting and whether the individual
has a need for specialized services.
- Conduct completed evaluations prior to individuals nursing
facility admissions; completed evaluations on individuals residing
in a nursing facility when there are significant changes that
signify the need for an updated evaluation.
- Complete evaluations on an individualized basis, but in
accordance with the most current federal rules, regulations, and
- Communicate all evaluation findings to applicants, residents
and/or guardians in an understandable manner and language.
- Communicate determinations that identity a need for specialized
services to the facility, agency, or referrals source, within
appropriate timelines and data transmission policies.
- Contact providers, state agency offices, and
applicants/participants to obtain information and records needed to
conduct a comprehensive clinical review of the case and final
- Review and document all relevant information into data system
applications in accordance with program guidelines and
- Maintain individual records documenting all
applicant/participant encounters and contacts; write clinical
- Prepare and respond to requests for statistics and
- Foster and promote continuity of care and cooperative
partnerships by liaising with health care providers, acute care
hospitals, long term care facilities and other
programs/organizations involved in the provision of services.
- Participate in public relations efforts, attending conferences
and meetings as needed
- Maintain positive working relationships with
applicant/participants, and relevant informal supports, provider
organizations, program consultants and state agencies
- Maintain the confidentiality of all business documents and
correspondence per UMass Chan/ForHealth Consulting procedures and
- Participate in performance improvement initiatives and
demonstrates the use of quality improvement in daily
- Comply with established departmental policies, procedures and
- Comply with all health, safety and program regulations and
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or as
- Master's degree in social work; mental health counseling;
related health and human services field; or equivalent OR a
registered nurse (RN).
- 5 years of work experience providing direct service or case
management to adults with psychiatric disabilities inclusive of 1
year of experience in a medical or clinical setting with knowledge
of medical terminology. (If a Registered Nurse, must have a minimum
9 years of collective relevant education and work experience as
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with relevant social
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations
- Ability to travel statewide.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Applications, including
Word, Outlook and databasePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Massachusetts licensed Psychologist, Licensed Social Worker,
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor or other licensed
- Experience with disabled or long term care populations
- Experience in community mental health services and one of the
following areas: Long-Term Care, Home Care, Rehab, and/or
- Ability to understand and utilize resources for problem
solving, in order to deal with problems involving multiple
variables, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a
Keywords: UMass Med School, Worcester , Clinical Reviewer II - PASRR - Boston Metro/North Shore (Home Based/ClientVisits), Healthcare , Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...