Registered Nurse, Bissell 3
Posted on: May 23, 2023
NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION - $8,000
Utilizing the nursing process, provides high quality direct and
indirect patient -centered care. - Coordinates patient care by
working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team. -
Communicates, as appropriate, the patient's clinical condition,
responding quickly and accurately to changes in condition or
response to treatment. - Demonstrates knowledge of the principles
of growth and development over the life span and the skills
necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population
served. - Promotes the profession of nursing and professional
practice through collegial support and interactions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current licensure in the state of Connecticut.
- Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support and
Advanced Cardiac Life Support upon hire or receive certification
within the new employee introductory orientation period and
maintain clinical competency during employment with ECHN in this
- Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and
- Possesses basic computer skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. - They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. - These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- Performs population specific comprehensive assessments and
re-assessments of the medical and surgical patient's condition and
care needs including the psychosocial, physical, educational and
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of development of the
adult and geriatric population and the skills necessary to provide
age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret data
about the patient status in order to identify each patient's
age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient
- Assess and reassess pain. - Utilizes appropriate pain
management tools and techniques. - Educates the patient and family
regarding pain management. - Documentation reflects assessments,
interventions and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Develops and revises individualized plans of care as indicated
by assessment and patient response to treatment. - -Evaluates
overall plan daily for effectiveness. - Involves the patient and
family in the formulation of goals.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of
medications and their correct administration based on age of the
patient and their clinical condition.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient
7. Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a timely
manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations. - Utilizes critical thinking skills and
sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs
and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in
teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with
evidence-based standards. - Pursues personal and professional
growth and development. - Serves as a professional role model and
- Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's
condition for safe transfer of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies
dsyrhythmias and treats appropriately based on ACLS protocols.
Keywords: ECHN, Worcester , Registered Nurse, Bissell 3, Healthcare , Dudley, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...