ACO Care Integration Manager - New career? Join us at Fallon Health Insurance!
Company: Fallon Community Health Plan
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Brief summary of purposeThe ACO Care Integration Manager will provide important care coordination and care management function across Fallon Health teams, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Community Partners (CPs) and other entities in the management of Fallon's Medicaid ACO members with medical and/or behavioral health complexity.Responsibilities: Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provide care coordination and care management activities in support of Fallon Health's Medicaid ACO members
- Serve as a resource to internal Fallon Health teams including, but not limited to, the UM, case management, Pharmacy, behavioral health, and ACO teams, on the identification of high need members and the available medical, behavioral health, long term services and supports (LTSS), and community resources to support Fallon's ACO members
- Coordinate across internal staff and Fallon Health's ACOs, Community Partners, behavioral health vendor, EOHHS agencies, and other entities both on individual complex cases and on broader strategic ACO initiatives
- Provide input into the Fallon Health ACO model of care and identify tactical and systems issues for improving the care of Medicaid ACO members with medical and behavioral health complexity, including those impacted by the social determinants of health (SDHs) and/or with multi-system or multi-agency involvement (e.g., DDS, DMH, etc.).
- Provide input into the ACO transitions of care assessment, and--in collaboration with Fallon Health internal teams, behavioral health vendor, the ACOs and CPs--manage transitions of care of medically and/or behaviorally complex cases, and/or those impacted by SDHs or multi-agency involvement
- Assess a member's clinical/functional/behavioral health status and use this information to provide case management and care coordination for the member across the continuum of care which is consistent with a member's health care needs and goals
- Develop, interpret and use case-specific and aggregate data analyses to identify high needs members; to inform member-specific interventions; to identify potential systems changes, efficiencies, cost savings and quality improvement opportunities; and to support recommendations for workflow and process improvements among Fallon Health, the ACOs and the CPs.
- Demonstrate facility with and apply claims data and medical records to enhance care coordination, improve service delivery, and effect clinically appropriate and cost effective treatment plans for Fallon Health ACO's most complex members
- Provide care management leadership and subject matter expertise to interdisciplinary teams and initiatives
- Represent Fallon Health on externally facing work groups, develop a strong relationship with ACOs and CPs, and work collaboratively with both internal and external teams comprising both clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Fallon Health ACO benefits and apply coverage criteria, payment policy, and MassHealth regulations when coordinating care and educating other Fallon Health, ACO, or CP team members about benefits, qualifications, and coverage criteria.
- Provide culturally appropriate care coordination, i.e., work with interpreters, provide communication approved documents in the appropriate language, and demonstrate culturally appropriate behavior when working with member, family, caregivers, and/or authorized representatives
- Manage Care Transitions:
- Work closely with the Fallon Health UM Team, which closely monitors the daily inpatient census, to learn when a member has a care transition
- Communicate and coordinate member care needs and discharge plans with Fallon Health Utilization Management staff
- Participate in discharge planning discussions to ensure member care needs are met before and after discharge
- Follow up with Fallon Health, ACO and CP teams telephonically or in person after discharge to ensure that Transition of Care assessments and medication reconciliation are completed, and that services are in place as care planned within designated time frames Work collaboratively with Fallon Health Pharmacist, referring members in need of medication review based upon Program process
- Develop and foster relationships with Fallon Health internal teams, ACOs, CPs, members, family, caregivers, Personal Representative Authorization designees (PRAs), vendors and other providers to ensure good collaboration and coordination by streamlining the focus of the Member's healthcare needs utilizing the most optimal treatment approach, promoting timely provision of care, enhancing quality of life, and promoting cost-effectiveness of care
- Contribute to the implementation and modification of the ACO Models of Care and to trainings/orientations with ACO and CP staff, further defining the various roles of the respective partners in the coordination of member's care
- Perform and, as required, may lead face to face or in-person member care plan review with providers and other key stakeholders including, but not limited to, ACO Providers, CPs, LTSS Providers, Behavioral Health Providers, Long Term Care Facility Providers, and EOHHS agency representatives, such as DDS service coordinators and/or any other Provider/Member/Authorized Representatives, to ensure effective communication and collaboration between all involved
- Partner with interdepartmental teams (including but not limited to: Utilization Management, Appeals and Grievance, ACO, Provider Relations, Pharmacy, Behavioral Health Leadership) within Fallon Health to ensure that provider/member satisfaction is maintained while articulating issues to help to facilitate problem/issue resolution
- Strictly observe HIPAA regulations and the Fallon Health Policies regarding confidentiality of member information
Keywords: Fallon Community Health Plan, Worcester , ACO Care Integration Manager - New career? Join us at Fallon Health Insurance!, Healthcare , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!