COORDINATOR, CLINICAL INTEGRATION & PATIENT FLOW
Company: UMASS Memorial Medical Center
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Requisition #: 190622 Title: Coord, Clinical Integration & Patient Flow Department: Patient Flow Coordination Status: Exempt Shift: Evenings Hours: 36 Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus Every other Saturday UMass Memorial Medical Center is the region's trusted academic medical center, and part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system. We are committed to improving the health of people in Central Massachusetts through excellence in care, comprehensive health services, teaching and research. Position Summary: The Clinical Integration and Patient Flow Coordinator is responsible for directing and coordinating the patient's progression through the acute care hospital in collaboration with the intradisciplinary care team. This includes the acute care admission, the inpatient stay and discharge stages. Position Qualifications: License/Certification/Education: Required:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse licensure and registration required. Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Experience/Skill: Required:
- Minimum of two years related clinical experience and at least one year experience in the clinical preceptor and/or resource role.
- If no BSN degree, must have prior nursing management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Preferred:
- Management/Supervisor experience Major Responsibilities:
- Leads daily, multidisciplinary care rounds on each patient, promoting interdisciplinary communication and progression of patient-centric plan of care.
- Works in close collaboration with the unit nurse manager to establish priorities and goals.
- Coordinates team huddles during the day and in the evening to review new admissions, patient progression towards goals and discharge plan. Reports huddle outcomes to unit manager.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager/Nursing Supervisor to provide staff based on staffing plans, census and acuity of the unit.
- Assist the Resource/Charge nurse during off shifts and weekends to staff the unit based on census, acuity and staffing plans.
- Monitors and revises shift assignments, as needed, with the Resource/charge nurse to meet the needs of the patients and to support patient flow.
- Maintains communication tools to promote care coordination, enhance patient experience and patient flow.
- Rounds on existing and new patients, addressing issues or concerns of patients and/or families on the unit. Reviews documentation and addresses non-compliant issues with staff.
- Attends High Census, Code Help and High Capacity meetings. Reports bed availability, admissions and any patient/floor needs to facilitate movement.
- Supports nursing team with patient's educational plan upon discharge.
- Assists the Nurse Manager with personnel responsibilities including, but not limited to, participating in interviewing, hiring, performance evaluations, orientation, annual regulatory and clinical competency requirements. Participates in and assists the Nurse Manager with counseling and discipline of staff as necessary or directed. Reports unprofessional or unsafe practice to the Nurse Manager.
- Collaborates with the nursing leadership team in the strategic planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision of systems to support and enhance the competence, autonomy, and accountability of the nursing staff.
- Assists Manager and/or designee to ensure the department complies with hospital established policies, quality assurance programs, safety, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of goals, objectives, policies and procedures for efficient departmental operations.
- Participates in monitoring resources. Notifies nurse manager of risk management issues and follows up with appropriate staff as necessary.
- Identifies issues and seeks resolution to problems. Utilizes analytical and critical thinking in decision making and judgment that is aligned with organizational objectives.
- Serves as a role model, coach and facilitator. Promotes thorough, collaborative and respectful communication. Inspires and encourages teamwork.
- Fosters a collaborative professional relationship with other hospital departments/staff, physicians, and managers to ensure best practice is the focus for all patient-centered quality care.
- Participates in staff meetings, sharing system wide goals and objectives with front line staff and links their daily work to the mission and vision and strategic goals of the organization. Standard Management Level Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the assignment of tasks and helps resolve technical and operational problems. Evaluates the impact of solutions to ensure goals are achieved.
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with system-wide initiatives.
- Encourages and supports diverse views and approaches, creating an environment of professionalism, respect, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Integrates diversity into departmental objectives, such as hiring, promotions, training, vendor selections, etc.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives and demonstrates the use of quality improvement in daily operations.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies such as Joint Commission, DPH, etc. Develops and maintains procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that department complies with hospital established policies, quality assurance programs, safety, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensures adequate equipment and supplies for department.
- Develops and maintains established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Ensures compliance to all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Maintains, regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Performs similar or related duties as required or directed. All responsibilities are essential job functions.
Keywords: UMASS Memorial Medical Center, Worcester , COORDINATOR, CLINICAL INTEGRATION & PATIENT FLOW, Healthcare , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!