Chief Therapist, Radiation Oncology
Company: UMASS Memorial Medical Center
Posted on: March 16, 2019
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday. Requisition #: 192075 Title: Chief Therapist, Oncology Radiation Department: Radiation Oncology Posting Date: March 12, 2019 Status: Exempt Shift: Days Hours: 40 Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus Position requires multi-campus coverage Position Summary: Responsible for ensuring a smooth flow of patients through the Radiation Oncology Department and having an understanding of implementing an effective scheduling system, which allocates resources to patient needs with a high degree of patient satisfaction. Maintains adequate levels of staffing for the daily simulator and linear accelerator schedules. Collaborates with the Manager and Director of Radiation Oncology to deliver appropriate, safe, high quality and cost-effective care. Position Qualifications: License/Certification/Education: Required:
- Graduate of CAHEA-approved Radiation Therapy Technology Program.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiation Therapy and possess a valid Massachusetts state license in Radiation Therapy. Experience/Skills: Required:
- Knowledge of specialty areas such as Simulation, IMRT, SRT, SBRT, HDR and Quality Assurance programs.
- Knowledge of Computer Management system for Radiation Oncology, i.e., Aria, Mosaic, etc. Major Responsibilities:
- Provides treatments and simulations for patients in accordance with physicians' orders.
- Instructs students enrolled in Radiation Therapy School and coordinates clinic-related issues.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives for the radiation therapists. Demonstrates the use of quality improvement in daily operations. Develops procedures and trainings for therapists on new equipment and treatments.
- Schedules daily staffing for the simulators and accelerators and maintains monthly schedules. Makes recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Discusses performance issues with manager.
- Provides input to manager for performance appraisals, orientation, interviewing and training of personnel.
- Coordinates the assignment of tasks and helps resolve technical and operational problems. Evaluates the impact of solutions to ensure goals are achieved.
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the radiation therapists for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with system-wide initiatives.
- Assists with ensuring adequate equipment and supplies for the radiation oncology department. Standard Staffing Level Responsibilities:
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Maintains, regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed. All responsibilities are essential job functions. We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
Keywords: UMASS Memorial Medical Center, Worcester , Chief Therapist, Radiation Oncology, Healthcare , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!