LPN, Medical Group (Milford Surgery)
Company: UMass Memorial Medical Group
Posted on: July 14, 2019
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless
of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and
leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care
system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we
can help you build the career you deserve.We are more than 14,000
employees, working together as one health care system. And
everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part,
Requisition #: 193553
Title: LPN, Medical Group
Posting Date: June 6, 2019
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Group - 91 Water St, Milford,
Performs selected and delegated nursing tasks in the care
This position is triage - focused.
- Completion of an accredited school of practical nursing
- Current Massachusetts LPN licensure.
- Knowledge of basic nursing procedures.
- Three to twelve months experience.
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an
equivalent combination of education and experience which provides
proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this
description may be substituted for the above requirements.
Department-specific competencies and their measurements will be
developed and maintained in the individual departments. The
competencies will be maintained and attached to the departmental
job description. Responsible managers will review competencies with
- Coordinates patient flow and prepares patient for examinations.
Prepares patient for office and laboratory procedures as required.
Assists physician and others as required or directed.
- Evaluates patients. Documents information as required. Takes
vital signs such as weight, blood pressure, height and
- Cleans and stocks examination rooms as required. Maintains
supplies and pharmaceuticals as required.
- Performs and records laboratory results such as urine dip
sticks. Documents readings as required. Ensures laboratory results
are received and reviewed by physician or others as required.
- Triages medical calls. Returns calls and documents in patient
medical record as required or directed. Ensures follow?up. Provides
- Calls prescriptions and refills as directed. Documents
prescription calls as required.
- Establishes recall system for physical examinations, paps,
abnormal tests and related results.
- Calls patients who miss appointments as required. Documents
no?shows and follow?up as required.
- Prepares, administers and documents immunizations, injections
and laboratory tests following standard procedure within scope of
- Receives and evaluates patient referrals as required.
Standard Staffing Level Responsibilities:
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards
of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an
environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance
toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Maintains, regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or
Standards of Respect:
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass
Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We're expecting
that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect:
Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player,
and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of
Keywords: UMass Memorial Medical Group, Worcester , LPN, Medical Group (Milford Surgery), Healthcare , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!