Company: Ocean State Job Lot
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Under the direction of store management, the Receiver performs a
range of duties to meet the needs of customers and the business.
Primary duties include maintaining the receiving and stock room
area according to company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Protection of company assets
* Daily communication/interaction with Store Management regarding
* Receiving by company standards, all incoming freight, i.e.
warehouse deliveries and any direct deliveries.
* Sorting and distributing freight destined for the sales floor in
an organized manner following company equipment usage rules.
* Maintaining a 24-36 hour freight flow (24 hour in stores
receiving daily trucks)
* Maintaining an organized, disciplined receiving area.
* Receives shipments following all company policies and
* Ensures all merchandise billed is received using current
receiving programs (skid counts), physical counts on select high
* Ensures pricing and merchandise preparation handled in the
receiving area conforms to company standards (pricing may vary by
* Oversees - trains associates, temporary or permanent, assigned to
the receiving area.
* Is flexible with hours worked to ensure there is coverage 5 or 6
days per week, including early A.M. or late P.M. hours due to
* Maintains a clean receiving area daily.
* Controls any fixtures stored in or near the receiving area.
* Interacts with the store personnel as a daily routine in the
process of moving and accounting for merchandise.
* Responsible for keeping all merchandise stored in receiving
organized a (by dept., category, and item) and accessible.
* Ensures the receiving area is ready for year-end inventory.
* Ensures the company's recycling program is followed.
* Responsible for ensuring all RTW's (Return to Warehouse),
transfers, recalls, damaged returns and any other outgoing
shipments are handled to company standard.
* Any other functions/activities as directed by Store
Qualified applicant must be able to perform essential duties and
responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Qualified applicant must be able to set and operate a ticket gun,
cut case merchandise, count money, lift merchandise weighing up to
35 pounds, sign merchandise, display product on shelves and on the
sales floor up to 6 feet, climb up and down ladders and operate
power equipment. Constant standing, walking, bending, and stooping
are required throughout the shift. Qualified applicant also must
offer flexibility in scheduling to meet business needs. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability necessary to perform these duties.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Prior retail merchandising and/or cashier experience preferred.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to perform multiple tasks with an appropriate level of
* Ability to follow instructions
* Ability to work productively in a team environment
* Must be able to speak and comprehend English. Secondary language
Keywords: Ocean State Job Lot, Worcester , Receiver, Hospitality & Tourism , Whitinsville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!