Club Manager - Worcester County Area!
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Join a team of more than 30,000 team members, comprised of our
Club Support Center and over 230 clubs and 7 distribution centers.
We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
families and homes. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team environment where all team members can learn, grow and be
themselves.The Benefits of working at BJ's
- BJ's pays weekly
- Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles* o
Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty
- Benefit plans for your changing needs* o Three medical plans**,
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA),
two dental plans, flexible spending
- eligibility requirements vary by position**medical plans vary
by locationBJ's offers a comprehensive onboarding program for newly
hired Club Managers to develop the skills needed to be successful
quickly and effectively. During our onboarding program (which
generally extends from 8-12 weeks), new Club Managers are partnered
with best-in-class Club Managers and other BJ's leaders to learn
best practices, connect leadership concepts to real life BJ's
scenarios, and build their internal connections.The Club Manager is
the leader of a BJ's club. Responsible for leading the operations
and profitability of the club, delivering on company strategic
priorities, providing market-leading value on merchandise and
services, excellent member experience, managing Team Members and
developing talent, and ensuring a safe and positive environment and
experience for Team Members and Members.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Effectively leads the team by managing with vision and purpose,
clearly communicating and giving direction, and validating
- Creates a club culture where team members feel challenged, know
how to be successful, are encouraged to do their best, and are
recognized for their accomplishments.
- Manages talent and builds a strong bench by encouraging team
member growth and development, holding team members accountable,
having difficult conversations, and providing honest and actionable
- Learns quickly and adapts to change. Effectively communicates
to team members to enable them to do their jobs effectively by
sharing necessary information, explaining the "why's", and keeping
- Exhibits strong decision-making capabilities that align with
the Company's strategic priorities and support the achievement of
club operational goals and objectives.
- Maintains awareness of local competition and current trends in
the retail marketplace.
- Controls operating costs and establishes operational
- Implement new concepts to maximize profitability.
- Embraces the Company's core values / purpose and ensures team
members do the same. Creates a great shopping experience for
members that is dedicated to exceeding member expectations.
- Meets planned profit objectives through effective techniques,
technological improvements and productivity enhancements. Monitors
expenses and adjusts expenditures as necessary to achieve profit
- Attains planned sales volume through effective supervision of
warehouse management and communication with the Home Office.
- Maintains a roadmap for achieving targets in key performance
areas designated by Home Office, such as productivity (sales/hours,
audit, shrink, turnover).
- 4+ years of experience as a retail store, supermarket, or
warehouse operations manager required.
- A strong drive for results and solid work ethic is required.
Must be honest, straight-forward and committed to providing high
levels of service to members.
- Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to lead
and motivate a large team.
- Solid understanding of profit & loss statements, shrink
control, staff development, merchandising, customer service,
problem solving and conflict resolution required.
- High school diploma and/or college degree preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, which may also require bending,
pulling, reaching, climbing and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects in excess
of 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to
temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Worcester , Club Manager - Worcester County Area!, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...