Payroll Clerk - Worcester, MA
Company: Veterans Inc.
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Veterans Inc., the largest provider of services to veterans and
their families throughout New England, is looking for a
professional, highly motivated, detail-oriented, and skilled
individual to fill the Accounts Payable Specialist position and
become a valued member of Veterans Inc. team!Under the general
supervision of the Payroll Accountant, this positon performs a wide
variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities,
including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and
recording payroll deductions, reconciling deductions with various
benefits carriers, processing requests for manual checks, pay check
advances, and processing final checks for termination.Payroll
- Process bi-weekly payroll using Paylocity payroll system.
- Manage payroll-related employee new hires and modifications in
Paylocity including wage and tax adjustments, benefit and 403(b)
deductions, garnishments, and levies.
- Verify timekeeping records and consult employees about any
- Enter payroll journal entry in Financial Edge. Post and
reconcile payroll deductions to various benefit carriers as
- Prepare and assemble payroll reports and documentation as
- Responsible for all payroll tax activities, including
compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filing
local, state, and federal payroll tax returns as required.
- Post payroll tax liabilities and deductions into Financial
Edge. Other Accountabilities:
- Create and submit files to 403(b) trustees. Assist with program
audit of 403(b)
- Assist with month end close process.
- Prepare customized payroll reports for Worker's Compensation
audits and other audits.
- Maintain appropriate payroll records required by state and
- Assist with payables and expense reports.
- Manage and Audit Time and Effort Sheets
- Other duties as assigned.Education and Experience
- Minimum of Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration, or relevant field of study.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in payroll and accounts
- Must have strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office,
with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.Preferred
- Bachelors degree is accounting, finance or business.
- Prior non-profit professional experience.
- Knowledge of payroll law with preference to experience
processing multi-state payroll.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Financial Edge.Mental
Requirements:ReadingAnalytical skillsNegotiation SkillsVerbal &
Requirements:Driving: Frequently - Must have valid driver's license
and own personal, reliable transportation.Sitting: Frequency -
OccasionallyStanding: Frequency - OccasionallyLifting: 15 lbs.,
Frequency: OccasionallyCarrying 15, Frequency: OccasionallyPhysical
Environment:Office: Frequency OftenOutside: Frequency
OccasionallyWorker is not substantially exposed to adverse or
hazardous environment conditions.For more information, or to apply
now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your
cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through
our website.Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and
applications will not be reviewed nor considered!If you need
assistance completing an application please contact. Emails
regarding application status will not be returned.No Recruiters
Keywords: Veterans Inc., Worcester , Payroll Clerk - Worcester, MA, Human Resources , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!