Vice President of Human Resources/Professional Development - Venture Community Services - Sturb[...]
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Vice President of Human Resources/Professional Development -
Venture Community Services - Sturbridge, MA SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Vice President of Human Resources/Professional Development
reports to the President & CEO. This position will be responsible
for the overall development and implementation of the Agency's
Human Resource Program. Management of the Human Resource function
includes recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, labor
relations and employee communications. The VP is responsible for
ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws and
regulations as they relate to the HR function. The VP is
responsible for creating and implementing training programs that
ensure regulatory compliance and job effectiveness. This is a
senior management, salaried, exempt position. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Direct supervision of Human Resources Staff, Professional
Development Staff and Front Office Staff
- Develop appropriate systems to direct, coordinate and supervise
all human resource functions/activities ensuring monitoring and
equity across the agency for pay scale, evaluations, corrective
action measures and benefits/compensation.
- Develop systems to obtain, interpret and present metrics and
analysis to senior leaders to inform decisions (attrition, hiring,
vacancy, employee engagement, work related injuries/comp claims and
- Oversee employment services including recruiting, hiring,
reassignment, and scheduling orientation of new employees.
- Develop and assist in the development of employee recognition
programs to foster a culture of value and identify talent within
- Ensure compliance of professional and administrative policies,
COBRA, I-9, and employment laws and government regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of benefit laws and IRS requirements to
ensure Venture's compliance with laws and regulations in regards to
- Responsible for the workers compensation and unemployment
- Collaborates with senior management regarding strategic
- Coordinate the grievance process for all employees.
- Coordinate legal process with Agency attorney (i.e. MCAD
- Assist employees with questions regarding retirement, health
benefits, dental benefits, disability insurance, life insurance and
other employee benefits.
- Promote wellness programs to increase healthy work
environments; raise awareness of available programs to assist
employees (i.e. Unum). Oversee appropriate employee engagement
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork/documentation is completed
in a timely manner to facilitate including new employees on the
payroll system, creating a personnel file on each new employee, and
providing an orientation session.
- Oversee FMLA, MMLA and SNLA leave processes, to include
verification of employee eligibility, obtaining/maintaining proper
documentation, tracking of time and determination and tracking of
- Maintain all HR policies and the Agency Policy and Procedure
Manual in a current manner, updating policies as needed.
- Oversee and/or respond to employee information request, as
appropriate (i.e. employment verification, income verification
- Authorized Signatory Agent on designated employee benefit plans
(i.e. ING, MetLife, etc.) after consulting with the President &
- Work collaboratively with other agencies that partner with
- Direct supervision of Training Coordinator and Trainers.
- Oversee coordination of Orientation and ongoing trainings for
- Development of curriculum for trainings, development of
marketing of educational materials and marketing/sales of
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed
- Ensure all training activities and materials meet with relevant
organizational and statutory policies, including health and safety,
employment and equality laws. MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate phone coverage when requested.
- Requires occasional evening and weekend hours
- Attendance at administrative and other meetings as
- Respond to employee information requests, as appropriate.
- Provide recommendations to your supervisor regarding ways to
improve the current systems
- Observe all Agency policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality and positive demeanor while
successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously. PHYSICAL
AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong managerial experience in the HR field of business
practices as they relate to the developmental disabilities field.
Strong background in recruiting, employment, compensation,
benefits, management training, employee communications and human
- Organized, dependable and even temperament; good phone
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability
to work with a wide range of employees.
- Must be able to bend, lift, stoop, reach and file. MINIMUM
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resource Management
- Minimum of five years of Human Resource Management experience
including at least one year in management capacity
- Attendance in trainings, to include: Practical Information &
Skills for HR Support Staff, Foundation for HR Administration
Certificate Series, Human Resource Management Certificate Series,
Employment Law-related training, Health care cost-related training,
Performance Appraisal-related training, Supervision-related
training, Workers Compensation-related training, FMLA-related
- Must be 21+ years old, have a valid driver's license, daily use
of a car on site and be available by telephone for daily contact.
Community for Living. Community for Life.
Keywords: Addp, Worcester , Vice President of Human Resources/Professional Development - Venture Community Services - Sturb[...], Human Resources , Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!