Human Resource Generalist
Company: Saint-Gobain Abrasives
Posted on: February 15, 2019
At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
In this HR Generalist role, the successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day HR Functions, serving as a resource to both employees and management in an effort to support the achievement of business goals. As a member of the Abrasives HR team in Worcester the individual will work as an HR Generalist within the Sales and Marketing organization. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day Human Resources Functions including: employee relations, recruiting and selection, HR Compliance, on-boarding, recordkeeping, training and development, compensation and performance management. In addition, the person will deliver on human resources projects in support of ongoing business culture changes.
- Provide HR solutions support, process knowledge advice and consultation to assigned client groups.
- Coach functional leadership in assigned client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, and employee issues to ensure consistency.
- Support location in organizing training and maintenance of training records per Saint-Gobain requirements.
- Responsible for managing and participating in all aspects of recruitment, onboarding and personnel management for site employees within assigned client group.
- Attend job fairs, source and screen candidates.
- Play key role supporting the local leadership team to deliver results through effective project and change management and facilitation of both.
- Conduct Employee Relations investigations and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Develop external relationships to improve existing HR practices (i.e., pipelines for hiring, best practices, etc.)
- Implement creative/innovative initiatives to improve HR practices relative to employee engagement, business controls and data collection/analysis.
- Serve as an advocate for SG Benefits and Employee Wellness Programs.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data for trends and make recommendations for change as appropriate.
- Attend periodic meetings with Supervisors/Managers to offer HR guidance as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or a related subject matter.
- A minimum of 2 years of Human Resources Generalist
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Practiced knowledge of Human Resources processes and policies, external best practice and legal compliance.
- Proven ability to provide concise, articulate and insightful analysis in written and verbal form, as well as translate into effective presentations.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with HRIS/Applicant Tracking/Time & Attendance databases is necessary.
- Self-motivated and someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Proactively seek employee engagement in a workplace setting.
- Demonstrated ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for various assigned projects.
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions.
- Create and sustain key relationships quickly and maximize resources to effectively achieve goals.
- Incumbent will possess a high energy level and positive
With over 60,000 employees working across 46 countries, Saint-Gobain's Innovative Materials Sector boasts a unique and profitable portfolio of high-tech and high value-added solutions for housing and construction, mobility, healthcare and industry.
A true technology bridgehead for the Saint-Gobain Group, the Innovative Materials Sector is supported by 3 powerful growth drivers: innovation, co-development and research.
In the field of High Performance Materials, it proposes a comprehensive range of innovative technologies targeting the housing and construction market, transport, industry and healthcare, and combined into four families of materials: ceramics, polymers, abrasives and technical fabrics. Flat Glass is a world leader in manufacturing, processing and selling glass products for the construction and transportation sector (including the automotive industry).
Keywords: Saint-Gobain Abrasives, Worcester , Human Resource Generalist, Human Resources , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!