Senior Software Engineer
Company: University of Massachusetts Medical School
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Explore the Possibilities and Advance with Us. You can view all
open jobs by clicking here or use the following search form to find
jobs that suit your specific career interests. Senior Software
Engineer Job Number: 2020-35921
Category: Information Technology
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - IT-Engineering - W875043
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 76
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Nov. 13, 2020 GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the
direction of the Director or designee, the Senior Software Engineer
functions in all phases of applications development. This position
is responsible for the analysis of user needs, software and
database design, programming and life cycle development of all
business and clinical applications. The Senior Software Engineer
will work with other engineers in the design and development of
software applications that support the demands of UMMS academic,
research and business needs. They may also manage the evaluation
and research of 3rd party software and conduct feasibility studies
to determine appropriate solutions. Performs duties in a manner
consistent with a complex, diverse, dynamic hardware and software
environment and serves a complex medical/education community. This
position requires an experienced developer that is in touch with
new trends and is very familiar with rapid development. The
position requires individuals to be detail oriented, organized,
independent, responsible and accountable. MAJOR
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to Software Engineers
including input to code reviews, training and developing
- Perform problem analysis and IT software consultation with
- Lead Agile/ITIL/SDLC methodology used across IT, including
conducting inspections and post implementation reviews
- Critique and oversee the creation of detailed technical
designs, code, and testing methodologies
- Work directly with the user and/or vendors to articulate and
present professional software solutions.
- Assist in technical audits and implement audit
- Lead in the design, development, implementation, integration,
production support, and continuous enhancement of applications to
ensure reliable, integrated and stable information
- Delegate work assignments to engineering staff.
- Incorporate new development skills and expertise in present and
emerging technologies by participating in formal training when
possible and by independent self-teaching and tutorials.
- Perform other duties as required. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a
related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related experience
- Advanced object-oriented/scripting analysis, design and
- Evaluate and research of 3 rd party software.
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with
people of all levels of information technology expertise and
comfort in varied organizational relationships.
- Advanced experience building and consuming web services
- Advanced skills in relational and non-relational database
management systems, SQL coding and Object Relational Mapping tools
such as Entity Framework.
- Advanced skills in modern development processes/tools and
developing through the complete Software Development Life
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills required. PREFERRED
- Significant experience with multiple technology disciplines:
including windows environment
- Development experience with Web development and Mobile
- Demonstrated experience working with Agile/Scrum
- Strong experience with relational databases, SQL queries,
Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Triggers, ETL.
- Experience with non-relational (NoSQL) databases. (MongoDB,
RedShift, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with AngularJS/jQuery/HTML5/Bootstrap and other
front-end web technologies.
- Experience with cloud technologies and services.
- Advanced skills in MVC Development and WebAPI
- Experience with Visual Studio 2013/2015 Team System.
- Knowledge of FTP and HIPAA compliant ANSI formatted EDI
transactions UMass Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating
the capabilities that are central across all UMMS positions that
collectively contribute to UMMS success. Named a U.S. News & World
"2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL"
for Primary Care and Research This is an official Page of the
University of Massachusetts Worcester Campus
Human Resources --- 333 South Street
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts 01545
Questions or Comments?
Keywords: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!