Software Engineer - Sourcing Requisition
Company: University of Massachusetts Medical School
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Explore the Possibilities and Advance with Us. You can view all
open jobs by clicking here or use the following search form to find
jobs that suit your specific career interests. Software Engineer -
Sourcing Requisition Job Number: 2019-32444
Category: Information Technology
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 75
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Sept. 5, 2018 This requisition is being used as a
sourcing tool and does not have an open vacancy. Your application
to this req will add you to a pool of candidates for potential
future openings. We still encourage you to apply directly to
positions you feel best meet your background, as this will not
replace your application for other openings. We welcome
applications from all levels of Software Engineers and for all our
locations (Shrewsbury, Worcester, Charlestown, etc). Example of a
grade 75 Software Engineer job description: GENERAL SUMMARY OF
POSITION: Under the direction of the Director or designee, the
Software Engineer functions in all phases of applications
development. This position is responsible for the analysis of user
needs, software and database design, programming and life cycle
development of all business and clinical applications. The Software
Engineer will work with other engineers in the design and
development of software applications that support the demands of
UMMS academic, research and business needs. They may also
participate in the evaluation and research of 3rd party software
and conduct feasibility studies to determine appropriate solutions.
Performs duties in a manner consistent with a complex, diverse,
dynamic hardware and software environment and serves a complex
medical/education community. This position requires an developer
that is in touch with new trends and is very familiar with rapid
development. The position requires individuals to be detail
oriented, organized, independent, responsible and accountable.
- Facilitate code reviews, support business processes, and
participate in problem analysis and consultation.
- Work independently within guidelines, provide technical
consulting on complex projects considering equipment capacity,
limitations, operating time and desired results required.
- Enhance and make recommendations to Agile/ITIL/SDLC
- Work directly with the user and/or vendors to articulate and
document user application needs.
- Design, develop, and implement, software solutions for UMMS IT
- Develop and maintain proper technical and user documentation
for each system in a consistent and structured manner.
- Identify and learn emerging technologies by participating in
formal training when possible and by independent self-teaching and
- Perform other duties as required. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a
related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of related experience
- Experience with object-oriented/scripting languages and full
stack development: UI, middle-tier, and backend.
- Strong object-oriented analysis, design and programming
- Experience building and consuming web services and API's.
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with
people of all levels of information technology expertise and
comfort in varied organizational relationships.
- Experience with relational and non-relational database
management systems, SQL coding and Object Relational Mapping tools
such as Entity Framework.
- Experience using modern development processes/tools and
developing through the complete Software Development Life
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills required. PREFERRED
- 2+ years demonstrated experience with multiple technology
disciplines: including windows environment
- Development experience with Web development and Mobile
- Knowledge of FTP and HIPAA compliant ANSI formatted EDI
- Experience with cloud technologies and services.
- Experience working in / Knowledge of Agile/Scrum framework
- Experience with MVC Development and WebAPI
- Experience with Visual Studio 2013/2015 Team System. UMass
Medical School Core Competencies demonstrating the capabilities
that are central across all UMMS positions that collectively
contribute to UMMS success. Named a U.S. News & World Report
"2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL"
for Primary Care and Research This is an official Page of the
University of Massachusetts Worcester Campus
Human Resources --- 333 South Street
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts 01545
Questions or Comments?
Keywords: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester , Software Engineer - Sourcing Requisition, IT / Software / Systems , Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!