Mobile App Developer-BIB Lab
Company: University of Massachusetts Medical School
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Explore the Possibilities and Advance with Us. You can view all
open jobs by clicking here or use the following search form to find
jobs that suit your specific career interests. Mobile App
Developer-BIB Lab Job Number: 2021-36610
Category: Information Technology
Location: Worcester, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School - Bioinformatics & Integratv Bio - W403700
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 74
Union Code: Non Union Position -W60- Non Unit Professional
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 23, 2021 GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Colubri
Laboratory at the University of Massachusetts Medical School is
seeking to hire a Mobile App Developer to build innovative mobile
tools to help us understand and stop infectious disease outbreaks.
Under the direction of the PI or designee, the person in this role
will develop iOS and Android applications for participatory
outbreak simulations, digital contact-tracing, and mobile health
research projects. The candidate for this position will have the
opportunity to join in a nimble research group, and work closely
with other members of the Colubri Lab on the design and development
of a portfolio of software applications integrating research,
education, and community outreach, including Operation Outbreak, an
education platform on infectious diseases that uses mobile apps to
simulate the spread of a virtual pathogen over Bluetooth. The
Software Engineer may also participate in the evaluation and
research of 3rd-party software and conduct feasibility studies to
determine appropriate engineering solutions. They will be expected
to perform duties in a manner consistent with a complex, diverse,
and dynamic environment and serve a complex research, medical, and
education community. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Propose, design, and develop applications for the iOS and
- Ensure the performance, quality, usability, and responsiveness
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and
- Ability to gather requirements and provide accurate and
realistic project milestones and timelines for completion.
- Successfully perform any coding tests and resolve bugs as
- Manage release of applications on Apple and Google app
- Apply appropriate techniques to ensure user's data
- Identify and learn emerging mobile technologies through formal
training or independent self-study REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- An Undergraduate or Master's Degree in Computer Science,
Software Engineering, or a related field or program (including
ABET-accredited) with comparable coursework or experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the development of iOS and Android
- Record of completed app projects using Java, Kotlin and Swift
- Strong expertise in iOS and Android SDK frameworks and
- At least 1 published app on Apple's App Store and on Google
- Experience using Android Studio and Xcode IDEs.
- Good understanding of mobile architecture (MVP, MVVM, etc.) and
design (Builder, Adapter, etc.) patterns.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and push notifications to connect
mobile applications to back-end services.
- Experience with software development best practices including
versioning, continuous integration, and issue tracking.
- Knowledge of Apple's and Google's Human Interface Guidelines,
and App Store Review Guidelines. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with mobile health applications and
proximity/location sensing technologies (e.g.: Bluetooth,
- Experience with cross-platform mobile development frameworks,
such as React native or PhoneGap.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with appropriate
tools (CloudTest, JMeter, Gatling). UMass Medical School Core
Competencies demonstrating the capabilities that are central across
all UMMS positions that collectively contribute to UMMS success.
Named a U.S. News & World Report
"2019 BEST MEDICAL GRAD SCHOOL"
for Primary Care and Research This is an official Page of the
University of Massachusetts Worcester Campus
Human Resources --- 333 South Street
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts 01545
Questions or Comments?
Phone: 508-856-5260 This use may include analytics,
personalization, and ads. There are no more Tweets in this
Keywords: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester , Mobile App Developer-BIB Lab, IT / Software / Systems , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!