Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead (Angular)
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionPlease note: This position can be
remote/telecommute. We are currently accepting applications from
those located in the Northeast, Midwest, and South.Driven by growth
and new technology initiatives, PrismHR has several openings for
Software Development Team Leads. All of our Development Team Lead
roles are significant hands-on contributor positions, and have
direct management oversight and leadership influence for 3 to 6
software engineers on one of our multidisciplinary, agile Product
Delivery teams. This is also a management position, but one in
which you'll be relied upon to design and develop maintainable,
scalable code with a quality-first mindset, and to preach those
practices within the team. In addition to directing the software
engineers on your team, you'll collaborate with architects, product
managers, scrum masters, quality engineers, UX specialists and
technical writers to deliver new features and products. You'll also
collaborate with peer technology leaders to ensure tight
integration of your solutions with the work streams coming from our
other agile teams.Depending on experience, opportunities also exist
at the principal level.Required Experience and Skills:
- 7+ years of web development experience, with 2+ years in a team
leadership or management role.
- Strong agile experience, ideally within a multiple agile
development team setting; well versed in all common agile
- Relevant technologies:
- Deep experience with several of the following front-end
- Significant experience with some of the following back-end
technologies: NodeJS, Express, SailsJS, API frameworks.
- Experience creating and/or consuming RESTful APIs; API
development experience is a plus.
- Solid Object Oriented design and development skills, and
experience within microservice architectures.
- *Bonus* - Experience with NoSQL or multi-value (PICK)
- Formally practices well adopted development testing techniques,
such as unit test automation and/or test-driven development.
- Experience with legacy software product modernization is a big
- Willingness to adapt and evolve to technology changes.
- Possesses high urgency, integrity and accountability.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration ability.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent.Duties
- Lead a team of 3 to 6 software engineers in designing,
developing, integrating, deploying and maintaining responsive web
and mobile applications.
- Provide formal, less formal and ‘as needed' continual
performance and personal growth feedback to assigned
- Lead the team by example in driving and implementing actionable
process, efficiency and quality improvements
- Continual improvement of the reliability, testability and
scalability of PrismHR's applications.
- Troubleshoot issues across all application tiers.
- Continual learning of new technologies and concepts; training
and mentoring team members.
- Support and educate QA engineers to ensure overall system
quality, functionality and performance.
- Continually strive to evolve PrismHR's software development
efficiency and best practices, while adopting and enforcing today's
and tomorrow's accepted standards within the team. In particular,
ensure team adherence to PrismHR's software development lifecycle
(SDLC) and SOC 2 technology compliance policies.#LI-REMOTEPrismHR
is a fast-paced SaaS company which provides customers with a
cloud-based payroll process software application. PrismHR also
provides professional services including system implementation
consulting, custom configurations, and training. Lastly, via the
Company's Marketplace platform customers and end users access other
human resources and employee benefits applications from PrismHR's
Marketplace Partners.DEI StatementWe are committed to building an
inclusive, diverse community that celebrates and welcomes everyone
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
sexual orientation or gender identity or any other legally
protected characteristics, we consider everyone equally. We're
proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
and we'd encourage you to join us whatever your background. We
particularly welcome applicants from traditionally underrepresented
groups.If you require any adjustments or accommodations due to a
disability, or any other reason that may help you in your interview
process, please let us know. #LI-ML1Powered by
Keywords: PrismHR, Worcester , Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead (Angular), IT / Software / Systems , Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!