Company: FM Global
Posted on: June 23, 2022
More information about this job:Overview:This position will
require the candidate to be on site in our office located in
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest
businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size
companies with engineering-based risk management and property
insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in
their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art
loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills
and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and
superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic,
culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100
countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities:The System Administrator will manage specialized
business systems and locally deployed network infrastructure that
can require direct engagement with local and remote software
development teams, 3rd party vendors and end-users. They will be
responsible for working with software and infrastructure vendors in
collaboration with Technology Infrastructure & Operations teams to
design, modify, upgrade, and support network infrastructure,
servers and end-user computer systems. They will oversee daily
performance and health of locally managed networks and specialized
business systems. Tasks may include triage, repairs, installing,
upgrading and monitoring software and hardware. They may also
provide initial frontline support for server and endpoint operating
systems, enterprise business applications, security tools,
web-servers, laptop, and desktop PCs and other input devices
(printers, scanners, POS) where applicable.
Deploys, configures and maintains specialized business systems,
printers, network hardware and other peripherals in support of key
business units, ensuring that they are effectively managed in
alignment with FM Global enterprise IS standards and processes.
Has a good understanding of the current technological information
systems and standards and recommends appropriate technologies,
tools, and techniques to be used.
Takes ownership in monitoring of local IT system/network
performance and takes corrective action and/or escalates problems
to other IS support personnel to resolve problems.
Proactively engages with local office personnel and other IS
support staff, provides front-line system troubleshooting and
demonstrates strong interpersonal skills to achieve cooperative
Maintains business systems, servers and network infrastructure in
collaboration with 3rd party providers and FM Global IS teams.
Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism while representing FM
Global and Information Services to internal stakeholders,
customers, clients and outside vendors.Qualifications:3-5 years of
experience in information technology or a related field.
- Knowledge in supporting a Windows based server/client computing
- Broad range of telecommunications including mobile, network,
desktop and POS system experience.
- Management of vulnerability scans and remediation with the
appropriate avenues/3rd parties.
- Familiarity with managing the technical aspects of Cisco Meraki
- Experience in supporting access points, security technologies,
- Interfacing with 3rd party vendors to manage the on-going
relationship needs and on-going execution.
- Significant user support experience.,
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Well-developed and varied hardware troubleshooting skills in
domain and non-domain computing environment (e.g. Active
- On-Prem and Cloud based computing infrastructure, network
infrastructure, back-end servers and application support.
- Ability to determine priorities, develop local strategies,
procedures, work practices, and manage projects of varying
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision or in a
team environment and an ability to balance conflicting
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Well-developed and effective oral and written communication
- Ability to interact effectively with local management teams to
ensure that needs are identified and addressed.
- Comfortable with own limits and with escalating issues as
- Bachelor's degree in the computer sciences, technology or a
combination of an Associate Degree and related work experience.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career
long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k),
pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs,
generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to
attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external
candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be
vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of
Keywords: FM Global, Worcester , System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Berlin, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!