Senior Embedded C++ Software Engineer
Company: Geisel Software, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Are you obsessed with software and robotics? Looking to work
with an awesome team in a modern, successful software company?
Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier
software developer that is working with and creating today's
hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated
individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us
build some great software!Geisel Software develops web, mobile and
embedded software, with a focus on robotics, medical devices, and
machine learning. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid
to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We
have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work
independently and solve problems with little outside direction.
Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that
means tracking down the answer on Google, or building your own new
solution.Here's what we work with regularly
- Modern C++ (C++11, C++14, C++17, etc.)
- Robotic Simulation with ROS, RVIZ, Unreal Engine, Unity, and
- Machine Learning (ML) and Computer Vision (CV)
- Open-Source Frameworks
- Linux - As a user at least, but also administration and kernel
- Distributed computing and inter-process communication (IPC)
- RTOS for mission-critical applications
- Agile and Hybrid-Agile design methodologies
- Embedded Development in C/C++ (Arm or x86)
- Embedded platforms (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, OMAP, etc.)Here's
what we require
- You're passionate about software development -- it's what you
do even in your free time.
- 3+ years of experience with Python, C++ and C
- Good software foundational skills: clean, well-documented code;
collaborative style; solid algorithms understanding; CS theory;
mastery of more than one language.
- An aptitude for learning new platforms and technologies on the
fly. We're constantly working on new projects that will push you
and keep you always learning new technologies.
- Able to take ownership of a project and independently
architect, execute and troubleshoot it through completion and
- Actively pursuing new knowledge and technologies. If you're a
web frontend guru, are you building your backend skills? If you're
an embedded developer, are you developing apps for Android or
- Already comfortable on Linux. You can be a Windows/Mac pro, but
you'll be doing at least 50% of your development on Linux. You
should be comfortable with that.
- Willing to commute to Worcester, MA.
- Looking for full-time employment.What you'll get
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a
variety of platforms.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not
- An experienced team and mentorship to help you grow in your
craft and career.
- A position with a growing company, offering competitive
benefits and salary.Apply NowApply here and include your resume and
a brief cover letter explaining why you think you'd be a great fit
at Geisel Software. We'd love to hear about what you've done with
technologies we're using, or other projects you've worked on. What
do you think you're really good at and why? What have you done
outside your current job to improve your craft? Why do you think
you'd be a great fit?
Keywords: Geisel Software, Inc., Worcester , Senior Embedded C++ Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!